Could I get some pics of how your ecm is mounted please?

johne

My ecm was not mounted properly from the time I purchased. I had it in to repair that and several other items. Apparently they were unable to mount it in its mounting bracket without throwing a ton of codes and just left it sitting in the second battery location like they must have done at the factory. They also messed with the wiring and removed a couple oem clips replacing them with cheap zip ties.

Could I get some ecm pics? Good idea to check if your ecm is mounted correctly anyway since it almost looks like it belongs where they put mine until you touch it and see there is nothing holding it in place. I am almost positive there are going to be more people with this issue.

Sorry I don't have a 14 but if the dealer is not putting back where it belongs and just leaving it "hanging" then they are wrong. If they're not willing to make it right, move up the food chain and talk to their boss. That's ridiculous that a dealership would just leave you "hanging" like that. Unacceptable!!!

My ecm was not mounted properly from the time I purchased. I had it in to repair that and several other items. Apparently they were unable to mount it in its mounting bracket without throwing a ton of codes and just left it sitting in the second battery location like they must have done at the factory. They also messed with the wiring and removed a couple oem clips replacing them with cheap zip ties.

Could I get some ecm pics? Good idea to check if your ecm is mounted correctly anyway since it almost looks like it belongs where they put mine until you touch it and see there is nothing holding it in place. I am almost positive there are going to be more people with this issue.

Wow.... strange, It came from the factory this way?

Edit: how would you prove that once you drove off the lot?

The fact that they can't get it mounted properly without the truck throwing a bunch of codes says something and the wiring is untouched except by them. How would you prove anything came that way unless you went around and took pics of every single item on your truck?

I did not notice it until I changed oil first time. Like I said, it pretty much looks like it belongs where it is sitting but is not secured by anything. I just happened to notice the empty mounting bracket right next to it when I was pouring oil.

I was already slightly pissed of...I use this truck to make a living and I am not real excited about taking even more time out of my life to deal with mistakes made by them. I spent a lot of money on this truck...a couple recalls, no big deal but this and my paint peeling off is beyond ridiculous and has nothing to do with it being a first year run or anything--just sloppy work. And I was happy at first to have one assembled in USA. Maybe the folks in Mexico are building them better?

The fact that they can't get it mounted properly without the truck throwing a bunch of codes says something and the wiring is untouched except by them. How would you prove anything came that way unless you went around and took pics of every single item on your truck?

I did not notice it until I changed oil first time. Like I said, it pretty much looks like it belongs where it is sitting but is not secured by anything. I just happened to notice the empty mounting bracket right next to it when I was pouring oil.

I was already slightly pissed of...I use this truck to make a living and I am not real excited about taking even more time out of my life to deal with mistakes made by them. I spent a lot of money on this truck...a couple recalls, no big deal but this and my paint peeling off is beyond ridiculous and has nothing to do with it being a first year run or anything--just sloppy work. And I was happy at first to have one assembled in USA. Maybe the folks in Mexico are building them better?

By no means am I saying that you should have noticed it or that I would have noticed it. I am just saying that it would be easy for the dealership to say it wasn't like that when you bought it.

I bet the dealer tried to fix another truck with your ECM and damaged the mount trying to remove or reinstall one back in your truck.

Thanks. Any chance you could snap one of the wiring going to it? Apparently they wired mine wrong and that is really the problem more than just simply clicking it into the harness.

By no means am I saying that you should have noticed it or that I would have noticed it. I am just saying that it would be easy for the dealership to say it wasn't like that when you bought it.

I bet the dealer tried to fix another truck with your ECM and damaged the mount trying to remove or reinstall one back in your truck.

I don't care what they did, but they better make it right without modifying the wiring to make it work or they are going to have to send this piece of crap back to Fort Wayne and give me my money back.

It also looks like they did a really poor job repainting the bad panels now that I washed it off and looked at it in the sunlight.

Sounds like they think they're doing you a favor, call 866-636-2273. They answer as GM Executive Office and sound like they're concerned with your dissatisfaction/problems.

Thanks. Any chance you could snap one of the wiring going to it? Apparently they wired mine wrong and that is really the problem more than just simply clicking it into the harness.

Sorry, just got home. Here's 2 more pics. Blue on top, gray on the bottom.

post-127588-0-12142800-1409197308_thumb.jpg

Sorry, just got home. Here's 2 more pics.

Sorry, just got home. Here's 2 more pics.

post-127588-0-14178400-1409197453_thumb.jpg

Archived