Anyone running a 275/60r20 tire?

tightline07

I just got the Toyo Open Country AT2's in this size about 2 weeks ago. I had the cooper atp's on before in the same size and took them off after 5k miles because 2 of them had pretty bad lateral runout and cause a vibration at highway speeds. Looks department the Coopers win out, ride quality the Toyos have the edge. The Toyos ride great but I might consider something a little more aggressive and these seem a tad on the skinny side since the tread curves in instead of being the same width as the section width. I am on the fence right now on going with practicality vs. looks, since I don't really need to add the extra weight of a 10 ply. They are a great middle ground though and would highly recommend them if someone wants a middle range all terrain tire. Here are some pics up close since there aren't a whole lot floating around on the Internet of the 275-60-20 Toyos.

2ac9c673884bcf81c0ae53fd77f0a895.jpg

ea5a28764b52afd2b20ca929a96a09ac.jpg

dc8986a1205d97b985ed0580e6791f5a.jpg

54259f9949c16b4189f70b95173c81ec.jpg

Picture of the cooper atp for comparison

006640ad0ca4752b69479ec5d23b8d69.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Bringing this thread back, I started a thread about 18" wheels and tires but figured if am going to do it might as well get exactly what I want and I would like the identical setup to this. Only problem is I have the 2" RC leveling kit. The wheels will be Moto Metal 970 +18 offset 20x9 and tires 275/60r20. Will this rub or will I be okay with a setup like this?

Thanks,

Wil

• 3 weeks later...

Bringing this thread back, I started a thread about 18" wheels and tires but figured if am going to do it might as well get exactly what I want and I would like the identical setup to this. Only problem is I have the 2" RC leveling kit. The wheels will be Moto Metal 970 +18 offset 20x9 and tires 275/60r20. Will this rub or will I be okay with a setup like this?

Thanks,

Wil

Thanks for reviving this! I'm debating on this size or staying with stock. I'm pretty sure I'm getting Duratracs - I had them on my GMT and loved them. From everything I've read this size will not rub.

My concern is in the powertrain warranty. The dealership's around me will jump at the opportunity to blame the tires about anything... They'll tell me my wiper blades are wearing faster because I changed tire sizes.

Idk is the look that much different than stock - is it worth dealing with the dealer down the road?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Archived