just lowered my 14 Silverado!!!

As far as mods go, I just did a muffler today lol. I'm thinking about upgrading the stereo and removing all of the badges.

These trucks do need better speakers. Removing the badges are easy. Do you plan on color matching the truck?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet! What drop kit did you use?

The kit is by McGaughy's. I'll be honest, I'm new to truck scene. The dealership threw the lowering kit into the deal.

That's the Rally Edition correct? Factory wheels, stripes and color matched grill? Anything interior wise?

The hitch looks out of place with the drop, should remove it.

These trucks do need better speakers. Removing the badges are easy. Do you plan on color matching the truck?

I agree. They are not the worst but tons of room for improvement. As far as color matching goes. I don't really know what else I could color match. I was thinking the brake calipers in DRM and painting or removing the chrome badging and maybe (if I get borde) painting the gold bowties on the center caps black. Other than that, not much more. Got any ideas? I think the bumpers stick out a bit but I don't want to buy new bumpers.

The kit is by McGaughy's. I'll be honest, I'm new to truck scene. The dealership threw the lowering kit into the deal.

I agree. They are not the worst but tons of room for improvement. As far as color matching goes. I don't really know what else I could color match. I was thinking the brake calipers in DRM and painting or removing the chrome badging and maybe (if I get borde) painting the gold bowties on the center caps black. Other than that, not much more. Got any ideas? I think the bumpers stick out a bit but I don't want to buy new bumpers.

I painted my bumpers, grill, mirrors and tailgate handle.

$1000. If you go this route get at least 4 different prices where you live and check out there work before you decide to do. There was some guys that were less but the work wasn't up to my standards. I'm pretty picky about paint!

I honestly don't like burgandy/maroon on any vehicle, but your truck sir looks tough as is. I do agree about color matching the headlamps.

Not to be a downer but, what motivates people to lower their trucks this much? I can see a 2" drop in the rear to level it out but, I prefer a 2" lift in the front.

Archived