6.2 intake cover removal?

has anyone removed the engine cover? The cover over the top of the intake runners? I removed the two tall bolts on the front. The front will lift up, but not sure holds the rear in place. I did not want to pull to hard and break something. Are there bolts on the rear or does it just snap in place?

The plastic cover? It should pop off. With my camaro I have to remove the engine oil cap then pull up on the front and then pull out. My 2010 truck just pops off.

I don't think these engines have a cover on them at least the 5.3 does not. Do the bolts you speak of have a ball on the top of them? If so then you do not have a cover as it would snap onto those balls and be easily removed. Can you post a pic? The only vehicle I have seen with a cover on these engines is a Cadillac.

The 6.2l has a cover over the actual intake, not like the covers though that are on the Vette, Camaro and prev truck motors. It is the noise isolation cover on the 6.2l motors.

The 6.2l has a cover over the actual intake, not like the covers though that are on the Vette, Camaro and prev truck motors. It is the noise isolation cover on the 6.2l motors.

That is correct. And the two bolts in front do have the ball on top. I expect they just used the same bolts that are on the Vette. The Vette cover snaps on top of those bolts. So I trying to confirm what holds the back on. I pulled pretty hard and it did not pop up and loose. It's kind of far back and tall on the truck so I'll have to climb in and take a closer look. I'm wanting to remove mine to get it painted.

Well then they all have this sound deadening cover. My 5.3 has the same bolts with the ball on top that we are referring to. I thought that was the intake itself. I guess they did away with the decorative covers that were on the past engines except the high dollar versions.

Well then they all have this sound deadening cover. My 5.3 has the same bolts with the ball on top that we are referring to. I thought that was the intake itself. I guess they did away with the decorative covers that were on the past engines except the high dollar versions.

To mess with the service guys; would a camaro or vett motor cover fit on the 5.3 or 6.2? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To mess with the service guys; would a camaro or vett motor cover fit on the 5.3 or 6.2? [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubtful, the Camaro and Corvette intakes are built for horsepower and ours are built for torque resulting in different shaped intake runners.

Why worry about putting a cover on the engine. They only retain heat in the intake, I always pulled them from my other cars.

With the intakes being plastic these days, not a lot of heat is being radiated from them anymore. I doubt it makes any measurable difference.

Archived