6.2 Exhaust, What do you have?

Does anyone have a Magnaflow system?

I was doing some more searching and ran across this system from Summit Racing:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-15330/applications/year/2014/make/gmc/model/sierra-1500

Looks really nice and it's about $300 cheaper than Corsa/Borla systems.

Any pros/cons for Magnaflow vs Corsa/Borla?

Appreciate any input

i have had the magnaflow way to much drone in the cab i have also had the corsa sport and db no drone at all in the cab i think this time i am going to try the borla exhaust

i have had the magnaflow way to much drone in the cab i have also had the corsa sport and db no drone at all in the cab i think this time i am going to try the borla exhaust

Thanks for the reply.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

I think I'm gonna go with the Corsa system.

Borla doesn't offer a Crew Cab Standard box system, I'd have to modify the short box exhaust or get the GM Borla system with the touring muffler.

I want that mid range muffler, not too loud, but not soft.

Looks like Corsa for me.

Thanks for the reply.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

I think I'm gonna go with the Corsa system.

Borla doesn't offer a Crew Cab Standard box system, I'd have to modify the short box exhaust or get the GM Borla system with the touring muffler.

I want that mid range muffler, not too loud, but not soft.

Looks like Corsa for me.

all you need to for the borla is to add 10 inches to the front pipe thats what i am going to do borla said they will have the exhaust for our trucks later this year

all you need to for the borla is to add 10 inches to the front pipe thats what i am going to do borla said they will have the exhaust for our trucks later this year

Oh ok. I talked to Borla earlier this month and they said they weren't coming out with a kit for the CC Standard Box in the near future.

I don't understand why they don't do what Corsa does and include the optional piece, so the kit works for both short box and standard box. No need for separate kits.

I still think I'm going the Corsa route, I just love their sound, that video posted above pretty much sold me.

Also, I was wondering if anyone who has a 2014+ Sierra/Silverado has a car cover?

I want to get one for my Denali and was wondering what a good brand was? I unfortunately can't fit this boat into my garage, it's too long.

Edited by Mark L

After doing a lot of research, I've found LMPeformance to be the cheapest source for the Corsa exhaust, model# 14866

http://www.corsaperformance.com/viewpart.aspx?year=2014&make=GMC&model=Sierra&enginetype=6.2L+V8&wb=153%22&partnum=14866&cfg=1479#

LMPerformance:

http://www.lmperformance.com/660483

$1,160 shipped (no CA tax)

Anyone dealt with this company before?

Summit Racing was $1,257 shipped (no CA tax), they don't show them on their website, but can drop ship them from Corsa.

AutoAnything was $1,259 shipped (with CA tax)

Leaning towards purchasing from LMPerformance, but was hoping to get some input from anyone who's dealt with them before ordering.

Thanks

After doing a lot of research, I've found LMPeformance to be the cheapest source for the Corsa exhaust, model# 14866

http://www.corsaperformance.com/viewpart.aspx?year=2014&make=GMC&model=Sierra&enginetype=6.2L+V8&wb=153"&partnum=14866&cfg=1479#

LMPerformance:

http://www.lmperformance.com/660483

$1,160 shipped (no CA tax)

Anyone dealt with this company before?

Summit Racing was $1,257 shipped (no CA tax), they don't show them on their website, but can drop ship them from Corsa.

AutoAnything was $1,259 shipped (with CA tax)

Leaning towards purchasing from LMPerformance, but was hoping to get some input from anyone who's dealt with them before ordering.

Thanks

Autoanything will match

Autoanything will match

Didn't know that, thanks.

I've never ordered from them before.

I've always ordered from StylinTrucks in the past

Does anyone have a Magnaflow system?

I was doing some more searching and ran across this system from Summit Racing:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-15330/applications/year/2014/make/gmc/model/sierra-1500

Looks really nice and it's about $300 cheaper than Corsa/Borla systems.

Any pros/cons for Magnaflow vs Corsa/Borla?

Appreciate any input

I installed the Magnaflow 15318 - 4" cat back yesterday $863.26 from Auto Parts Warehouse. I didn't like the look of the 5" tip so i switched it out for a plain 4"er.

001_zps6055883a.jpg

030_zps0e2bb811.jpg

Oh ok. I talked to Borla earlier this month and they said they weren't coming out with a kit for the CC Standard Box in the near future.

I don't understand why they don't do what Corsa does and include the optional piece, so the kit works for both short box and standard box. No need for separate kits.

I still think I'm going the Corsa route, I just love their sound, that video posted above pretty much sold me.

Also, I was wondering if anyone who has a 2014+ Sierra/Silverado has a car cover?

I want to get one for my Denali and was wondering what a good brand was? I unfortunately can't fit this boat into my garage, it's too long.

GM has a Borla system for the Denali crew cab for both 5.3L and 6.2L... sounds like Borla isn't releasing that kit to the public and only reselling through GM... I got mine dealer installed with black chrome tips.

I installed the Magnaflow 15318 - 4" cat back yesterday $863.26 from Auto Parts Warehouse. I didn't like the look of the 5" tip so i switched it out for a plain 4"er.

001_zps6055883a.jpg

030_zps0e2bb811.jpg

Nice.

Nice to see a picture of the full exhaust system.

What's that secondary muffler towards the back? Is that to help with the back pressure?

How's the drone so far? Have you taken it on the highway yet?

GM has a Borla system for the Denali crew cab for both 5.3L and 6.2L... sounds like Borla isn't releasing that kit to the public and only reselling through GM... I got mine dealer installed with black chrome tips.

Yeah I talked to them about that. I didn't know it was specific to the Denali.

I believe that system goes for $1300+

I really wish I could hear a system in person before I buy.

I'm still leaning towards Corsa, that YouTube video has me sold.

Nice.

What's that secondary muffler towards the back? Is that to help with the back pressure?

Yeah I talked to them about that. I didn't know it was specific to the Denali.

I believe that system goes for $1300+

I really wish I could hear a system in person before I buy.

I'm still leaning towards Corsa, that YouTube video has me sold.

It's a dealer option for $1249 or whatever you can negotiate... the dealer had mine the next day out of an Orlando warehouse so they are readily available. Don't think it is specific to Denali, should be available for all of the Sierra 5.3L and 6.2L builds...the point I was making is that I believe it is only available through a GM dealer... can't even find it on GMPartsDirect.com. When I spoke with Borla about registering my cat back exhaust the rep knew the part #s for the exhaust and the tips but said they didn't sell them. I got the system registered so it is in the Borla catalog...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a resonator, I believe it tunes the sound of the exhaust.

V4 drone occurs between 50 - 55 mph, can be overcome by

driving in M5. Sounds really nice accelerating from 50 to 80.

Otherwise it can be driven quietly if you don't exceed half throttle.

I did hollow out the 3rd cat, I'm not sure what effect that has.

002_zps8d15089c.jpg

018_zpsc8fd9f49.jpg

019_zps47dc882c.jpg

Has anybody just removed the muffler and kept the flapper on a 6.2? Curious about the volume and drone.

I should clarify, remove ONLY the muffler, keep EVERYTHING else including the flapper and resonator.

To clarify a bunch of earlier posts, the borla cat back systems sold by gm / gmpp are made for all models and have seperate tip options, they sound close to borlas touring exhaust sound . 1249 + tips. Those systems made exclusively for gm and have a flapper valve built in.

The exhaust sold on Borla website are different and the have 3 sound types and tips welded on. I ordered the ATAK for 6.2 a month ago for $1151 free shipping, i still have not got it due to mine will be the 1st produced as per Borla rep, they plan on making it on the 18th and I should have by the 30th. I will post video and give you guys feedback as soon as I get it.