6.2 Exhaust, What do you have?

Does anyone have an answer on if Borla is coming out with a 6.2L Dual at the 45 degree at the back tires?

Also I am trying to find some good sounds clips, I dont want the exhaust obnoxious like I had with my mustang with no cats bassani x pipe and magnaflow catback but I am trying to decide if the ATAK is going to be more than I want to handle waking up the neighborhood or of the S Type is going to be great.

Does anyone have an answer on if Borla is coming out with a 6.2L Dual at the 45 degree at the back tires?

Also I am trying to find some good sounds clips, I dont want the exhaust obnoxious like I had with my mustang with no cats bassani x pipe and magnaflow catback but I am trying to decide if the ATAK is going to be more than I want to handle waking up the neighborhood or of the S Type is going to be great.

I'm right there with you.

I want the 45* rear tire exit and a loud, but not too loud exhaust note.

Does anyone know if it is a typo error on the Borla outlet pipe size? It says dual 2 1/4" outlet which sounds small for the 6.2L engine, My Syclone came with Dual 2 1/2" outlets and it's a 4.3 engine with a turbo.

Sorry it took so long but I got a couple pics. Vid to follow. I did take a in cab vid but its very hard to hear and pretty useless IMO

IMG_20140610_172200944_HDR_zpswfucajhg.j

IMG_20140610_172133568_zpslengzdea.jpg

IMG_20140610_172146083_HDR_zps5rhbxhpc.j

Is that the stainless or aluminumized? How loud is it on startup? Im trying to avoid being the jerk at 5am every morning in my subdivision, but I really want this truck to sound better.

It's aluminized cause I'm thinking I might want duels in the future, so I went with the cheaper material for now.

It's not too loud IMO but I like super loud exhausts so might be too loud for some.

If you're worried about being a jerk, I would pick a exhaust with a resonator in the pipe to hold down some of the sound cause you can definitely hear this one coming down the street

Edited by Full Lock

So I've been contemplating simply performing a muffler delete (muffdel!) Why? Well, I drive a 420hp beast that sounds like a Prius. That's why.

But i'm also cheap, so I'm looking for a certain sound at the least possible cost. I know what you're thinking. Just bought a $50k truck, why don't you just go buy yourself the biggest baddest new Corsa dual exit? What part of the YOU JUST BOUGHT A $50K TRUCK did you miss? LOL!

Anyways, I decided to drop the catback off just to get an idea of what the "top end" in terms of noise/drone/etc. could be and to get a ROUGH idea of what the muffler delete would do for me. The good news? Took about 5 minutes and I had nearly instant wood on first crank. Bad news? No way I could live with this. But it did give me the info I needed. I think. Maybe. Here are my thoughts (youtube link to follow:)

First impression: Holy crap that's freaking awesome! MOST CERTAINLY sounds like a truck should sound.

Downside: Sounds like a truck "should" sound, but too loud.

Is it loud? Well...I mean, yeah. I DID remove all of the sound quietening bits of the exhaust. What did you expect?

Does it drone? Look, it couldn't drone any more if it were being piloted by the U.S. Army itself over Baghdad. Sounds like somebody is torturing Chewbacca under there. And not in a good way. Like a "Somebody please put Chewbacca out of his misery" kinda way. Shakes the whole freakin truck. Crap is rattling in the cab.

Unexpected benefit, the 1->2 and 2->3 shift have a surprisingly satisfying cackle. I'm tempted to put a go-pro under there because I'm convinced it spits a flame every time. It's seriously awesome in a 15 yr old kinda way. It gets all kinda upset and spits, barks, and growls its way into the next gear. I'm certain it's due to torque management, which I kinda think is a bad thing, but for the time being I'll just go with it.

Unexpected downside, the tranny seems kinda upset at the change. Now, to be fair I'm not sure if this is due to my playing with it, or if the tranny itself has a certain pre-conceived notion of how a truck should sound. Either way, it seems to have a sliiight disagreement with the status quo.

Sorry for the crappy phone vid. You will want reasonable speakers to appreciate this. And it does wail like a banshee in heat full tilt.

Edited by bdbake01
  • Like 1

Beautiful truck!

Nice to see another CC Standard Box owner on here.

That sounds pretty awesome I must admit, but I'd never be able to get away with that here in CA

I love that sound though :D

corsa video 2014 6.2

Man that sounds awesome!

Totally leaning towards Corsa after hearing that video.

Thanks

Does anyone have a Magnaflow system?

I was doing some more searching and ran across this system from Summit Racing:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-15330/applications/year/2014/make/gmc/model/sierra-1500

Looks really nice and it's about $300 cheaper than Corsa/Borla systems.

Any pros/cons for Magnaflow vs Corsa/Borla?

Appreciate any input