6.2 Exhaust, What do you have?

I'm currently running a Flowmaster 40 singe in dual out with a DMH cutout. However, I got a decent deal online so I am going to be chopping all that off and installing a Corsa DB Series muffler single in/single out followed by a 3" In/Out Magnaflow Y-Pipe into 3" piping coming out of 5" tips. I'm coming from a restrictive flowmaster muffler that was welded on using 2 1/4 piping. So the truck should not only sound better but breathe better. I also plan on getting some ARH long tubes with high flow cats later on. Can't wait to get everything on!

I'm switching now... MBRP is junk ... it just wants to rot away. Being replaced now with a Borla ATAK that splits to duals exiting under the bumper.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Just got my truck back from the muffler shop.

Deleted the muffler and replaced with a 3in pipe. Resonator and Flapper left in place with flapper clamped open.

First impression - The sound is perfect. I watched numerous videos on here and I will say it (like it's been said on here many times) sounds much better in person.

$50 = no brainer.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Deleted the muffler and replaced with a 3in pipe. Resonator and Flapper left in place with flapper clamped open.

First impression - The sound is perfect. I watched numerous videos on here and I will say it (like it's been said on here many times) sounds much better in person.

$50 = no brainer.

Now that you've had this set-up for about a year, what are you thoughts? Still like it? Any problems?

Is there any reason you chose to clamp the flapper open?

Now that you've had this set-up for about a year, what are you thoughts? Still like it? Any problems?

Is there any reason you chose to clamp the flapper open?

Still sounds great. Got a complement on it yesterday actually. I believe the original thought behind the flapper was to limit the helicopter effect. Seems to have worked.

$50 = no brainer.

I'll most likely be going this route.

Still sounds great. Got a complement on it yesterday actually. I believe the original thought behind the flapper was to limit the helicopter effect. Seems to have worked.

Thanks Ctay,

And for you and others that have simply just deleted the muffler, did you notice any change in performance? Good, bad, or the same?

Also, does anyone see any potential problem with this muffler delete set-up in the long term?

So your flapper has been clamped open ever since? What does it sound like in V-4?

I can't decide what muffler I wanna get. I had the Flowmaster Super 10 dumper after the rear axle with a 5" tip on my '07 5.3 old truck. It sounded great, nothing too loud. A solid deep tone. This time around I'm thinking either Borla or Magnaflow.

I can't decide what muffler I wanna get. I had the Flowmaster Super 10 dumper after the rear axle with a 5" tip on my '07 5.3 old truck. It sounded great, nothing too loud. A solid deep tone. This time around I'm thinking either Borla or Magnaflow.

Still on the fence myself for my 6.2L rig - found this info yesterday - leaning towards leaving the flapper and resonator and doing a muffler swap for the Flowmaster Big Block 50..... which would be very similar to the 70 featured here:

Interior & Exterior Sound Comparison Article & Video - Five of Flowmaster’s Popular Series of Performance Mufflers:

Super 10

Super 40

Super 44

50 Series Delta Flow

70 Series Big Block II

http://www.dragzine.com/tech-stories/exhaust/sound-comparison-of-five-of-flowmaster%E2%80%99s-popular-series-of-performance-mufflers/

Flowmaster Tech Video:

Edited by Krusty

So your flapper has been clamped open ever since? What does it sound like in V-4?

Yes, open ever since. About the only thing I've noticed was it kicks out of v-4 a little sooner if that makes sense. I don't really notice v-4 mode because I only see that happening when I'm coming to a stop/coasting. Under load it kicks out too quickly to notice. For me, I have to really try to baby the gas pedal to keep it in v-4 while cruising. Probably worth noting that I rarely do the speed limit lol... These 6.2's are like old-school two-stroke dirtbikes... they like to get where they're going quickly.

Edited by ctay61983