6.2 Exhaust, What do you have?

I just bought the Gibson dual out he passenger side. Good fit and good sound. Nice rumble with no drone on the highway. Sounds better then the magnaflow I had on my 2014 Silverado. I also have the AFM turned off so I don't know how it sounds in V4 mode though..

No drone? That sucks. We like the drone, we like maximum volume. We don't want a nice rumble, we want to blow your ears off with the massive power of our GM 6.2 V8!!!! CMON NOW!

i just got my magnaflow 21 inch muffler installed in place of the factory muffler. using the factory exhaust system.i have to say it sounds great. not very loud though, so i may go back to have the rear resonator removed as well.

so for 275 bucks installed i got the result i was after.

2015 Denali 1500 6.2l

i just got my magnaflow 21 inch muffler installed in place of the factory muffler. using the factory exhaust system.i have to say it sounds great. not very loud though, so i may go back to have the rear resonator removed as well.

so for 275 bucks installed i got the result i was after.

2015 Denali 1500 6.2l

Bass I would wait a bit before removing the resonator.

Magnaflows usually break in after a few thousand miles and get louder.

Do you have the AFM disabled?

Bass I would wait a bit before removing the resonator.

Magnaflows usually break in after a few thousand miles and get louder.

Do you have the AFM disabled?

no and I plan on leaving it stock besides the exhaust.

on that note I would like to make an observation about AFM. I had spoken my thought about AFM in the past and I feel it serves little advantage on the highway. I got nearly the same MPG even with my supercharger running 8 cyl mode all the time on the highway. but now that I am back to stock I do feel it has a benefit on the city MPG and usually the rpm and amount of throttle used is so low that you rarely hear the 4 cyl mode in city driving.

so if you have disabled yours you might be giving up that MPG.

personally for me, I value the factory warranty at this point.

I have not posted on the forum why in particular but let's just say that based on personal experience making a modification to the ECM that will void your warranty your fooling yourself if you think GM will cover anything that breaks and that you can flash back to stock without them knowing about it.

being that I tow a trailer (camping) I value the factory warranty and with all the transmission issues people are having I am happy leaving mine stock.

• Like 1

Understand about the warranty.

Reading your post and noticed you will do some towing.

Probably would be wise to keep resonator on.

Some others have posted that their exhaust droned badly while towing.

Have heard truck on start up and some one revving the engine and it sounds good.

I have not stood outside while someone does a "drive by" in truck to hear the exhaust.

• 3 weeks later...

Ive got the MBRP exhaust on my truck and its the perfect balance of a deep mellow tone without being too loud. I liked my aFe Mach Force XP I had on my 2014 Sierra with the 5.3 but the MBRP sounds a bit better on the 6.2.

Did you ever end up getting the cutout? I'd love to see a video of it.

Ya DMH only takes paypal or cash on delivery, and I can only use my credit card. I have tried to call them to place an order over the phone and they don't answer so I don't know whats up with that.

• 1 month later...

For installation of a Corsa exhaust is it bolt off and bolt on. No welding or anything ? Also is everyone running all the cats or hollowing one out or replacing ? What about the sound dampener ?

Basically can someone let me know what I need to do step by step. I have never messed with my exhaust before so I am a rookie. <~~~ couldn't you tell

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...