Fuel line o rings at the fuel rail

Chris,

Wow, thanks for the quick reply and graphic.  Amazon says that is not the right set, but setting that aside for a moment I still cannot figure out where the third (smaller) o-ring goes.  I can see how the two larger ones go at each end of the crossover tube, but what about the smaller one?  And since you seem like a genius any ideas on those clips?  :thumbs:

Thanks,

Phil

I hate sending anyone to ebay but here is the listing. https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ACDelco-GM-Fuel-Injection-Retainer-Kit-89017590/272627197164?epid=1217836746&hash=item3f79d8e4ec:g:B3IAAOSw4CFY7O4b&vxp=mtr

The part number is 89017590 if you want to go to the dealership. $12.65 from a dealer

Chris,

Your employer should compensate you for the beauty of your participation on this site.  Much thanks for the quick and professional follow ups.  I will be going to the Chevy dealership nearest to me later today and I will get the o-rings and clips from them.  Whether they have them in stock or not you have saved me quite a bit of explaining, so thank you sir!

To all, I still need to know if anybody knows where that third o-ring goes?  Even looking at the diagram above, I only see two of them.

Phil

4 hours ago, Skyking69 said:

Chris,

Your employer should compensate you for the beauty of your participation on this site.  Much thanks for the quick and professional follow ups.  I will be going to the Chevy dealership nearest to me later today and I will get the o-rings and clips from them.  Whether they have them in stock or not you have saved me quite a bit of explaining, so thank you sir!

To all, I still need to know if anybody knows where that third o-ring goes?  Even looking at the diagram above, I only see two of them.

Phil

NP. I do it for the likes... SO HIT THAT LIKE BUTTON! Ha. Anytime I can help.

All,

Back to the Amazon listing for the o-rings.  When I loaded up the link Amazon says that is not the right set for my truck, but I figure they just want me to clarify which engine the truck has.  Note the three images and then (Hopefully I shouldn't have started a new thread.) can anybody tell me how to determine which engine to choose?

Thanks,

Phil

This does not fit your Chevy.jpg

Which engine.jpg

InkedWhich engine_LI.jpg

4 hours ago, Skyking69 said:

All,

Back to the Amazon listing for the o-rings.  When I loaded up the link Amazon says that is not the right set for my truck, but I figure they just want me to clarify which engine the truck has.  Note the three images and then (Hopefully I shouldn't have started a new thread.) can anybody tell me how to determine which engine to choose?

Thanks,

Phil

This does not fit your Chevy.jpg

Which engine.jpg

InkedWhich engine_LI.jpg

The 8th Digit of your vin number is the engine ID. At the end of the pictures above where it shows MFI C, MFI 0, ect.That last letter C,0,3,J,M,Y one of those should match the 8th digit of your vin.

OK, I have a "J"!  :D  Now get this, yesterday I went to the "local" Chevy dealership nearest to me (About an hour away.) and went to the parts department.  Showing the print version of the exploded diagram above, I told the parts guy that I needed both the o-ring kit and the hold down clips.  The parts guy said you have to buy the entire rail and injector assembly.  :sigh:  I showed him the exploded diagram above, he turned his monitor and showed me a similar diagram without the "exploded" aspect and was insistent that I cannot order just the o-rings and just the clips.  And I had forgotten to take the parts numbers...  :uhoh:  So, having tried to buy or order them "locally" I am now relegated to taking another trip and giving the guy the parts numbers for each, buy them from another dealership via a phone call or online purchase or  split the order between Amazon and eBay.  :sigh:

I will follow up with you fine folks and let you know how this turns out, but for now I am settling on needing and o-ring kit (OEM 17113552) and clips (OEM 89017590) to fit a 2007 Chevy 5.3L and my decision is the source.  It would be interesting to take the part numbers in and see if the parts guy still insists that he has to sell me the whole assembly, but human nature being what it is I expect he wouldn't appreciate the humor...  :loser:

Take care,

Phil

Archived