Painted Brake Calipers

It's my first weekend home in some time (still on my way actually) and I have been wanting to paint my calipers now that I have these wheels that show everything off. I'm trying to find a color that won't look out of place and am not sure what such a small caliper will look like painted behind such a big wheel. It's a lot of work to do it right and only want to do it once..... So Please send me all the pics you have close and from a few feet away..

Thanx in advance,

Steve

I got impatient and already have the back calipers painted red and currently drying. I forgot that these trucks have rear aluminum calipers that are very easy to handle and remove so no biggie if I don't like it.

I considering painting mine but the required curing/drying time of 24+ hrs has kept me from attempting.

*Similar topic: Anyone installed caliper covers instead? Reviews?

mgp_brake_caliper_covers_related_choices

I considering painting mine but the required curing/drying time of 24+ hrs has kept me from attempting.

Damn you!!!! (Shaking Fist at the screen)

I really like the looks and plus how attractively easy that would be.

::EDIT::

I'm sure the Denali Logo covers could get popular, especially since money would be less of an option. I can find better places to hide $230 so I think I will stick to my white trash painted calipers. Lol

MGP is the brand for those of you wondering

My paint says to cure at 200* but it says driving will accomplish it. I'm using the VHT. I didn't see anything about 24hours. The part that sucks is sanding and cleaning them so the paint will stick good, also making sure that you get all the wax off to keep them from fish eyeing... I hate hate hate painting. I would rather build a BW T6 than do this.

Ok... They are painted and don't look to bad. I thought it was going to be too much but it's really a pretty subtle mod.

4EA52F4A-E78D-44F4-9519-7D0799D638DB.jpg

I painted my Malibu's calipers, it was a few years ago and looked great for a couple of years before I sold it. I used the G2 brush on caliper paint, all I did was cleaned the calipers and used a good paint brush, the paint dried flat and smooth and looked almost like powder coating. 1_DSC00896.JPG

I have seen some of those in person that they look like shit in all honesty... in pics they make them look "right" but in person it's not even close... save your money and either paint the stock calipers or buy aftermarket calipers.

I painted my Malibu's calipers, it was a few years ago and looked great for a couple of years before I sold it. I used the G2 brush on caliper paint, all I did was cleaned the calipers and used a good paint brush, the paint dried flat and smooth and looked almost like powder coating. 1_DSC00896.JPG

I used that paint on my 02 Silverado and your exactly right, paint dried smooth and it looked as if I had the calipers pained. and when they started to get dirty looking all I had to do was wipe them down with a towel when I was washing my truck. I wanted to use that same paint when I went to paint my 02 SS but I couldn't find it. I had to use the spray on caliper paint which was much more of a PITA cause I had to mask off damn near the whole car (I cannot stand overspray!).

Archived