Are my leaf springs shot?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Go with a 2500 spring if you haul or tow often. Barely notice a difference in ride quality but handles the load much better

Sent while drinkin' a cold one...

e6etetug.jpg

Barely notice a difference?

3y9u5upu.jpg

On poorly maintained roads, you definitely notice a difference.

I would stay stock too. My 68 was rated for just under 1,000 lbs. My 01 is good for 1,800 and I have had it there many times and my leaf springs are still good. Get 1,000 lbs in it and it rides as nice as a Caddy.

You should get new leafs, yours are shot. Flat is no good. The bow is what makes them work.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How did it change the ride? I currently have 372,000 miles on my truck and will be replacing my leaf springs toward the end of the year. I was curious about what you did as I'd like to do the same. Thanks for your input!

How did it change the ride? I currently have 372,000 miles on my truck and will be replacing my leaf springs toward the end of the year. I was curious about what you did as I'd like to do the same. Thanks for your input!

go join the 300k+ mile club!!! only select few of us on here!!

Sent while cruising down a back road...

The ride is a little stiffer but I don't mind it at all. I do a fair amount of towing which is where it really helped out. It raised the back end about 1.5" and I cranked the T bars in the front the same to match.

go join the 300k+ mile club!!! only select few of us on here!!

Sent while cruising down a back road...

thats awesome, where is it?

The ride is a little stiffer but I don't mind it at all. I do a fair amount of towing which is where it really helped out. It raised the back end about 1.5" and I cranked the T bars in the front the same to match.

good deal, I'll probably wait to the end of the summer to do this.

did ya get an alignment after ?

Archived