Are my leaf springs shot?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those look like mine and if my bump stops ever hit my axle then that's one hell of a jump lol they're very far away sent from my truck in a field

If you have never hit the bumpstop on a truck, then I would suspect you've never left the pavement.

The side images were misleading, here is another one, bump stops are not even close to hitting (I had a trailer hooked up when I took this picture so it was squatting maybe 1/2-1").

2014-04-05 11.53.30e.jpg

If you add an inch to that it would look pretty similar to mine. I'm at 110k miles.

Sarah takes her truck off road... But only occasionally. :lol:

Those look like mine and if my bump stops ever hit my axle then that's one hell of a jump lol they're very far away sent from my truck in a field

If you have never hit the bumpstop on a truck, then I would suspect you've never left the pavement.

When your truck has 7" of lift your bumpstops never hit

sent from my truck in a field

It relates to this ridiculous assumption.

sent from my truck in a field

he needs to have the d height checked FIRST people ,,,,,

drop the nonsense ,,,,if ya want to talk big lifted trucks ,,,go to the correct forum and fight till ya puke ,,,,i could care less about lifted trucks and the BS that goes with it ,,,,knock it off !!!!

If leafs are shot, do you know this by looking at them with the overload spring hitting the other two, or just the lack of bow in them? What gives it away?

Any pics of 1500 leafs, what they should look like? Should the overload be touching the other two with the vehicle weight on them?

I had around 300k miles on mine and they weren't even that bad when I replaced them with 2500HD leaf packings. Those bottom springs are touching your load bearing leafs, not good. If you cant afford new leaf springs right now you could always do an add a leaf to help with ride and maybe bring em back a little bit

As for lifted trucks, my lift came with bump stop extension brackets, plus I replaced my bumps stops with longer ones wayyyy back when I did my level kit. Maybe mine still never touch cause I have 2500HD springs, AAL, and 6" blocks lol

Archived