Interesting info plus Line-X bed liner

Just some interesting issues described by GM:

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?s=2014+silverado&search=Search

Plus my new 2014 Chevy Silverado came with a dealer installed GM brand drop-in liner which had a sloppy fit and was screwed into the truck bed by the dealer. I wanted the drop-in liner removed. I had Line-X remove the drop-in liner and fill all the screw holes made by the dealer. They did their usual excellent spray-in liner application plus they installed some Bull Ring tie-downs that I supplied. Certainly looks a whole lot better now. The Line-X dealer said he had heard of tail gates disappearing locally so he reminded me to always lock the tail gate.

I'm guessing, that if your dealer had the truck you wanted but it had a screwed-in GM liner installed and you asked to have it removed and said "I want the screw holes fixed also" that you dealer might need to send the truck to Line-X (or other brand) to have the holes fixed and then sprayed - at no cost to you. Just my thoughts. I had this thought after I paid to have the spray-in liner.

My 1996 Silverado had a drop in liner that was also screwed/rivetted to the bed. I didn't have any rust or other issues when I traded it in this December. My 2014 also has a screwed in drop in liner.

Archived