"Clearing" Headlight Mod

Has anyone taken the amber reflector out of their headlights on the Sierra? I really want to do it, but looks like it has high potential to screw things up.

Looks incredible though!

if you really gonna do this mod, might as well replace the craptory projectors at the same time IMO..

from what I can tell tho. you can swap the projectors without taking the lens off. just gotta find a projector that will mount to the same holes. Someone will figure out how to do it soon im sure.

from what I can tell tho. you can swap the projectors without taking the lens off. just gotta find a projector that will mount to the same holes. Someone will figure out how to do it soon im sure.

I did it with mine without taking the lens off. not sure with the Sierra. Haven't seen anyone tackle this project yet..

the headlight that he modded would of looked a lot better if he was able to find a clear lense for it. the fact that he just took the lense off and now just has an exposed bulb to me looks like an incomplete headlight.

I wanna switch out my projector for the ones that block8head put in his Silverado but I had bought DDM HID's and they were working fine and then one morning I left the house and it was about 25* outside and freezing rain the HID's turned on and then about 5 min later would turn off. I cycled the light switch a couple of times and they still didn't turn back on so I was driving with no head lights. so after that I ripped those craps off and went back to the stock lights. and yes I read the thread on here I had the bulbs, ballast, relay, error eliminator, and wiring harness instialled and they still took a dump on me. I want lights that are dependable and aren't going to just stop working and then im screwed.

Has anyone taken the amber reflector out of their headlights on the Sierra? I really want to do it, but looks like it has high potential to screw things up.

Looks incredible though!

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Why didn't that guy shoot (or post) a higher res video!!! Finally get a look at the wires running to LED strips, but it's not in great enough detail! :banghead:

Top LED looks like four wires (yellow, white, red, & green).. was hoping it's only be two.

Bottom looks like four to six (red, green, orange, blues...) ugh! I emailed them to see if they messed with the LEDs any. Hopefully so!

***If anyone on this forum decides to open up their lights, PLEASE message me first. I have 2 or 3 very simple close-up image requests! Thank you!***

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Why didn't that guy shoot (or post) a higher res video!!! Finally get a look at the wires running to LED strips, but it's not in great enough detail! :banghead:

Top LED looks like four wires (yellow, white, red, & green).. was hoping it's only be two.

Bottom looks like four to six (red, green, orange, blues...) ugh! I emailed them to see if they messed with the LEDs any. Hopefully so!

***If anyone on this forum decides to open up their lights, PLEASE message me first. I have 2 or 3 very simple close-up image requests! Thank you!***

I do like the part of the video showing how the grill and the top piece of the bumper are attached. We need more how-to's like that.

I did the orange reflector removale on my older gmc sierra 2002. Wasn't to bad.

Use a heat gun. Peel the silicone back on that side. Stick a small screwdriver in there and it pops right off. Did it to several trucks. Will be the same on these because I have looked at it.

if you go on instagram, look up a page called fastheadlights , hes done a few 14s and theres a couple pics that might help ya. i think hes a user on here to...

if you go on instagram, look up a page called fastheadlights , hes done a few 14s and theres a couple pics that might help ya. i think hes a user on here to...

Thanks. I've actually been chatting with him the last couple weeks and posted pics of his install in the HID topic.

Archived