Mud Flaps or Paint Protection Film on New 2014?

Since the truck came with some guards in the critical areas behind the wheels I was thinking of just putting on a paint protection film on the wheel well pinch-weld-lips and on the underside of the rear quarter behind the guard and also along the bottom from the rear of the front wheel to the front of the rear wheel.

I think there will be less slop and build up on snow and slush behind the wheels if I do this and the area will also be protected from stones coming of the wheel.

Or do you think this would not provide enough protect and I should go ahead with the weather tech, no drill, mud flaps? All opinions appreciated. Thanks.

I opted for just the film behind the rear wheels and on the front clear film and flaps . On the front the snow would go right down the whole side of the truck , the flaps

stopped the majority of it.

• 4 weeks later...

On my "14 2500 I like the fronts from GM. The rears not so much since they require drilling the actual underside of the fender and the RED GMC logo is a bit much. (Front used a bolt already there).

Rears are going to be Husky or Weather Tech no drills. The downside to the the WT's are that they do not cover the entire wheel. All others do. I pointed this out to the folks

at Weather Tech. Since it was a telephone salesperson it didn't hit home at all.

I bought the molded and color matched gm mudflaps for my truck they fit perfectly over the existing little guards. they do have holes for screws that use the factory little guards mount points and the 2 others further up the flap i used 3m 2 sided tape instead of drilling. I lowered it 2 weeks ago and backed into a snowbank at work (it was really early in the morning) and the tape held tight. You can also buy the black textured they are about 30 dollars a set cheaper.

Not sure where you live but if there's snow on the roads I would advise against the moulded mud guards as the design of them is brutal, basically they have a small pocket on the inside that the ice just builds up in and won't fall off. Anyone find a nice set of rubber ones? I was looking at the RBP ones but they are pretty pricey.

oh we get snow here im in Manitoba. I don't know if I would call the design brutal, they fit perfectly and look slick and i haven't had any problems with huge chunks of ice and snow not clearing out of them. GM has the classic large rubber flap too but I hate drilling holes into the body of a vehicle.

Archived