AVS Door Sill Protectors

GTD

Just emailed Lund International, apparent owner/producer on AVS as to the whereabouts of subject items for our 2014 Silverado/Sierra's. Had these on my old 2003 Silverado from day one pieces and sills were still in excellent condition.

Here's Lund's reply to me concerning AVS door sill protectors for 2014 Silverado/Sierra's:

"Unfortunately, at this time we are not able to see if/when we will have door sill protectors for the newer vehicles. Please follow back with us in a few months to see if we will have them available at that time."

i also called them and spoke to customer service they gave me a part number 88407 for a universal cut-to-fit set. I told there rep that we're talking about trucks that can cost upwards of $50, 000 a universal set might not be what owners want to go with. I had thought about a GM smoked bug deflector but then read it's made by Lund, I've got a "few months" to think about it.......lol.

I ordered the universal set. The plastic was thick and hard to cut. I didn't like the finished product and went with an x-pel kit. I hope Lund comes out with a set, but i'm not holding my breath. They don't seem to eager to make them, seeing how our trucks have already been out for almost a year. I wonder why weathertech doesn't get into this realm....

Archived