Getting a New Rear Bumper...

So this past Saturday i had a 16 year old girl rear end the truck and it messed up the rear bumper pretty good as well as possibly bending my receiver hitch. With that said, ill be getting a new bumper. The questions is, do i go back with the same chrome stepped bumper or get the color matched bumper? I keep going back and forth on this and i cant seem to make up my mind...

Let me know what you guys and gals would do.

The truck is silver and at times i thing the silver color matched would look great and then at times i think it may be too much silver on the truck. If i go color matched on the rear i will either have to paint my current front bumper and grill or buy the color matched ones. It would be money out of my pocket but might be worth it depending on what her ins pays me for the damages.

So, the question is, go color matched or stay chrome?

color match. depending on where you take it, they might try to give you chit about it, like try and tell you "oh that is more expensive than the one you have so we couldnt do that unless you paid extra, their insurance wont cover that" when i was younger they pulled that crap on me found out the parts were about the same freaking price.

EDIT: that was at a local chevy dealer. if you have a reputable shop around you take it there as they can do more custom stuff while it's being fixed, whereas the dealer (atleast with my expierence) doesnt like to do anything that the truck did not come in the shop looking like.

Sorry to hear about the incident.. But now you can color match the bumper and should do the front while you're at it lol. Even get the non step bumper if you're into that. These trucks have a much different look color matched I think it looks much better than the all that chrome.. If you don't want to get rid of all the chrome leave the grill and headlight bezels alone. LTZ's truck looks nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived