Tire and wheel help

Picking up my new Sierra SLE this weekend and need help finding tires & wheels. The stock all season 20's look like old man wheels with car tires. I want something more aggressive without being knarly on the road.

Not really interested in lifting to the high hills but if a bit here and there makes the difference then Im in.

Any suggestions where to start?

Where are you located? how do you plan to use the truck? Not much help here as I like the Michelins LTX-MS2. Not aggressive looking but does well off road and good on road. The LTX-AT2s are a littler more aggressive. Others here prefer a more aggressive looking tire like Cooper etc.

Not sure what wheels you have, but it they are the bright machined aluminum 20s for SLE, $995 option, I would be interested in them if replaced?

UpState NY (snow capital of the US).

Normal on road use as a winter vehicle and Lowes chaser.

Its an SLE with machined 20's

Coopers are big around here but I too am a Michelin fan.

Thanks

You would love the Michelin AT2's... Smooth, quiet ride, and they do pretty well on ice and snow. They're a good looking tire to me. :dunno:

I see TireRack has them in a 275/65-20, will the clear?

I ran the stock size in the Nitto Terra Grapplers and like them. I didn't want to have to mess with re-calibrating the ECM which if you run that larger 275/65-20 you will need to do.

I went from my stock 255/70/17 Bridgestone Dueler HT to 285/50/20 Cooper Discoverer HT. It's noticeably better in the snow/slush but not a huge difference. The looks of the Cooper are much nicer though.

I have a 2014 GMC Sierra SLE and just put in a 2" Leveling kit.

My truck came with BFG Wranglers 265/65/18 and I wanted to upgrade to BFG All Terrain TA KO 275/70/18. The problem is they only come in 10ply.

I have heard with the new suspension you wouldn't really notice the difference but how rough would the 10 ply be?

My truck came with 275/55/20 Goodyear Wrangler,,,, I upgraded to BF Goodrich AT-KO 275/65/20.. It did scrub the fender liner... but only the liner.... I installed a Rough Country leveling kit... I still get an occasional scrub, but again its only "rubbing" the fender well liner...

Archived