Rear bumper trailer wiring cover

My truck does not have a hitch. I can find one to buy easy but cant find the black cover that holds the trailer wiring in the bumper. The one that flips open to access your plugs. Any ideas where to find one? No luck at the dealer.

This for a 2014? 22799842 is the receptacle, $30 dealer is gonna have to order it. Not sure on the harness...

You could always have the dealer order you the GM Accessories hitch. 22994291 comes with the hitch and should come with the receptacle and the wiring for it like the accessory hitch used to have for the previous trucks.

Ya its a 2014. The wiring is plug into the back of whats on my bumper but its just a black piece of plastic, no access except for behind the bumper.

Ah so the wiring is there then ok...so the part you'd need is 22799842.

If you can't get it at the dealer (their are reports that it is on backorder at the moment), UHAUL sells an identical part:

http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Wiring-lights/Tow-vehicle-wiring/Plug-In-Simple!-Wiring-Kit-7-to-7-4?id=7879

This one includes a steel bracket for trucks that don't have room to mount this in the bumper recess. Remove it for use on a 2014-15 K2XX truck, or with bumper modification, any 2007-14 GMT900.

If you can't get it at the dealer (their are reports that it is on backorder at the moment), UHAUL sells an identical part:

http://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Wiring-lights/Tow-vehicle-wiring/Plug-In-Simple!-Wiring-Kit-7-to-7-4?id=7879

This one includes a steel bracket for trucks that don't have room to mount this in the bumper recess. Remove it for use on a 2014-15 K2XX truck, or with bumper modification, any 2007-14 GMT900.

Awesome man. Thanks!

Archived