Squeaky Suspension when cold!!!

Same exact problem here - squeak under bed.

Read in other topic same issue - might be shocks, rubber bumpers...

Took mine to dealer for this and other issues regarding cruise control variation,

of course they couldn't duplicate problem so can't be any help.

Check the rear shackle bolts. Mine made a squeak/squawk noise when I lifted it on a hoist. Would only do it one time until I drove it and brought it in and raised it up again. Found 1 of the shackle bolts not quite tight enough. Caused the inner sleeve to rub on the shackle when it should be tight against it.

• 8 months later...

I have this exact same issue. To the people who act like it is no biggie... it is so freaking loud people stare at me at stop lights and drive thru's like my (brand new) truck is falling apart. They look genuinely concerned!

I have the RC 2.5, and I have checked the torque on the bolts I touched, but I am going to check the rear shackle bolts tonight. Anyone know the torque specs?

I have this exact same issue. To the people who act like it is no biggie... it is so freaking loud people stare at me at stop lights and drive thru's like my (brand new) truck is falling apart. They look genuinely concerned!

I have the RC 2.5, and I have checked the torque on the bolts I touched, but I am going to check the rear shackle bolts tonight. Anyone know the torque specs?

Hey,

I'm very sorry to hear you're having the exact same issue. I can imagine how frustrating this is, especially if it's causing people to look at you concerned. If you decide to take it in, feel free to send a PM. I'd be happy to assist with that process and look into this further for you. I'll be on the lookout for any updates.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

Hey,

I'm very sorry to hear you're having the exact same issue. I can imagine how frustrating this is, especially if it's causing people to look at you concerned. If you decide to take it in, feel free to send a PM. I'd be happy to assist with that process and look into this further for you. I'll be on the lookout for any updates.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

I will take you up on that. I have a feeling I am going to have a hard time having the dealer replicate it unless they are willing to go out and drive it first thing on a cold morning.

Mine is squeaking really bad in the front and a little in the back, only does it if it is under 35 degrees out side. My 08 and 2011 did it also but not near as bad as my 2014, all of them have had the same 2'' leveling kit on them also.

I will take you up on that. I have a feeling I am going to have a hard time having the dealer replicate it unless they are willing to go out and drive it first thing on a cold morning.

We'd be glad to contact your dealership and discuss this further with them. We look forward to hearing from you!

Andraya

GM Customer Care

Archived