Disable door / belt chime?

• 1 month later...

this has probably been covered but...if you want to turn that annoying ding off so you can listen to tunes with your door open and keys in just click the latch on the door twice and it stops..obviously you need to release it so just grab the handle and stick the end of the key to pull it back out..really easy just dont forget to release...

I think is a good thing specially when not wearing seat belts. When I have a passenger (my brother) doesn't like to wear seat belts and this super loud noise makes him haha. Better safe then sorry.

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Anyone know how to turn off the seat belt charm? I did this on my old Dodge. Very helpful when I'm working on some local dirt not public roads, getting in and out a lot at low speeds.

Someone makes a seatbelt latch that goes in the female end to use for this exact purpose, I've only seen it once while parts surfing and I apologize for not knowing any more info, name, seller, etc. I suppose if you could get your hands on one from a wrecked truck or see if the factory one is available through dealer would do the same trick. The aftermarket "trickster" I believe is a bit lower profile, if I find it I will post it up.

Someone makes a seatbelt latch that goes in the female end to use for this exact purpose, I've only seen it once while parts surfing and I apologize for not knowing any more info, name, seller, etc. I suppose if you could get your hands on one from a wrecked truck or see if the factory one is available through dealer would do the same trick. The aftermarket "trickster" I believe is a bit lower profile, if I find it I will post it up.

Looking for more to disable the alarm not bypass it. On my dodge there was a key, brake and door combination that would turn off the chime.

Anyone know how to turn off the seat belt charm? I did this on my old Dodge. Very helpful when I'm working on some local dirt not public roads, getting in and out a lot at low speeds.

No real way to turn it off unfortunately. It plays through the stereo speakers now. I asked my dealer about it on my 2009 and they could not do anything since it's a safety feature. They also would not turn off the damn clicks for the turn signal either. Oh well.

As previously posted about the seatbelt clip to bypass the chime when the belt is not latched, I found the company…. Craven Speed. i have purchased one of their “Stubby” antenna’s from them and couldn’t be happier all around. Transaction was smooth as silk, they shipped the item the same day and I had it 2 days later. It works great and achieves the exact look i was hoping for……. Highly recommend them.

As far the sseatbelt bypass … here is the link to the page on their site if you are interested…….. http://www.cravenspeed.com/chimex/

Archived