Disable door / belt chime?

2014 Chevy Silverado. When I get out of the truck and leave the door open with the keys in it that door chim will drive you nuts. Going to the woods. Or hooking up to the boat trailer. Leave the door open with the keys in it and you have to listen to that stupid chime. Is there any way to turn that chime off. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

But if u leave it running. Go to the woods load up a deer open the door leave it running leave door open only going to be a couple of minutes you get that stupid chime. Backing up to boat trailer open door couple of minutes to hook up the trailer and lights you get that stupid chime. Wish I could find it and poke an ice pick through it.

The older cars and trucks had a button the door closed button pushed in shut off the chime. Door open button released and the chime started. All you had to do is find the button. Pull it out of the door push it in showing the door was closed and tape it up and drop it inside the door. No more chime. These new trucks the only way is put something in the latch so it thinks that the door is shut and the chime stops. The only problem is that if you forget and try to shut the door. It won't shut until open the latch. There has to be something on that latch that shows the door open or closed.

If you will search there is already a thread on the 14 DC. On the gmt 900s you could flip the door lock latch on end of door with your finger. Flip twice to make the computer think the door is closed. Need to pull inside door handle to open lock before closing door.

But if u leave it running. Go to the woods load up a deer open the door leave it running leave door open only going to be a couple of minutes you get that stupid chime. Backing up to boat trailer open door couple of minutes to hook up the trailer and lights you get that stupid chime. Wish I could find it and poke an ice pick through it.

How about shutting your door?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Before the GMT-800, you could just yank out the speaker under the dash. For the last decade, you just live with the chime.

You might try (instead of leaving the door open) rolling down the window & then closing the door. That's what I do.

yeah that chime is loud on these things and in the settings the chime volume is all the way down and its still super loud! i dont think mine chimes with the engine running and door open until you put it in gear. which obviously you dont when hooking up a trailer. but if it does chime with the engine running or if i leave the keys in the ignition to just load something up i roll the window down and close the door like motomedic said.

Archived