Steering wheel clicking?

Man I'm excited to hear this! Can you take a photo of your invoice so we can show our dealers?

Ill post of the codes here later today =) and I can PM or email you the reciept. =)

• 4 months later...

So,

I have the same problem as the video. I took it in a month ago, and they decided to swap the steering column. This did fix the problem. After 10 days, the problem, came back. Dealership couldn't replicate on the second trip yesterday, until I came in a pointed it out. So I will be taking it back next week when I have time, but want to give them some better directions. (which is sad, in itself). Anyone else have any ideas? I did see the post above about the steering gear. Was your steering gear issue the same, as far as sound in the video? Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I can tell you that the noise started for me within 5 days of installing my leveling kit. Dealership replaced steering column, then intermediate shafts and that didn't work. Then replaced the steering gear/rack and that fixed it. I belive the leveling kit did affect the rack personally.

Has anyone had a permanent fix on this problem? The dealership has replaced my rack and pinion and now the noise is back. They are now trying to blame it on my leveling kit.

Thanks for the reply, which leveling kit did you install?

I can tell you that the noise started for me within 5 days of installing my leveling kit. Dealership replaced steering column, then intermediate shafts and that didn't work. Then replaced the steering gear/rack and that fixed it. I belive the leveling kit did affect the rack personally.

Has anyone had a permanent fix on this problem? The dealership has replaced my rack and pinion and now the noise is back. They are now trying to blame it on my leveling kit.

Thanks for the reply, which leveling kit did you install?

I have the same clicking noise.only when truck is warm and I'm stopped. Only if I turn to the left

Mine only does it when it's warm also. Do you have a leveling kit? Even if we all do have leveling kits, it's still a gm problem for a cheap rack. Is it the only truck on the market that can't be leveled?