SiriusXM Travel Link and MyLink

PhilB

The Service Mgr at my Chevy dealer made some real progress today on the phone with Chevrolet.

It appears that my UHQ radio with Navigation has software intended for CANADA!!! I'm sure the same thing could happen to other radio models.

The Canadian market MyLink radios do not have Pandora, Fuel, Weather, Movies. The same icons I am missing.

Right now the do not have a solution, but are supposed to be working on it. I don't know if it will just be a software change, or a radio replacement.

I'll post more as things develop. Thanks for posting so I could tell them I was not the only person with this problem!

Does this apply to Silverado/Sierra as well? Are we supposed to have those icons on the home screen? Pandora is the only one I have. Fuel prices are hidden within the nearby POI screen in the nav. Haven't ever found movie times up to this point. Free XM trial says it's included but me thinks the infotainment system on the trucks left this out...

I have Pandora and weather icons on the home screen.

For fuel prices and movie info I have to drill down through the poi in nav destinations to see the prices or movie listings. Movies are under entertainment in the list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I just got the car back from the dealer yesterday. It took Chevrolet two weeks to create a software update for my particular vehicle to add the missing icons: Pandora, Fuel Prices, Movies and Weather. Now everything works. The ticket references the Infotainment Tech Line (problem) number and a TECH CASE number from Chevrolet. Again, the problem was that my radio had software intended for a Canadian car, and the missing features are not offered in Canada.

Are diesel stations really that rare? Almost everywhere I go at least one station in the immediate area has it. Plus you ought to be able to plan ahead with 700+ mile range. :lol:

Seriously though, glad it's sorted out.

I just got the car back from the dealer yesterday. It took Chevrolet two weeks to create a software update for my particular vehicle to add the missing icons: Pandora, Fuel Prices, Movies and Weather. Now everything works. The ticket references the Infotainment Tech Line (problem) number and a TECH CASE number from Chevrolet. Again, the problem was that my radio had software intended for a Canadian car, and the missing features are not offered in Canada.

So you have the fuel prices and movie icons on your home screen?

• 3 weeks later...

I have 2014 Impala 2LT and I had issue witn no apps though Travel link. I found out that since I have my link only and no Navigation only onstar Navigation that the Travel link will not work. To have icons active or listed you need the GM navigation system. I didn't know this at first as I had 2013 Malibu with Navigation and a rental with out navigation and the travel link worked with both and it was confirmed by a rep that the previous version of mylink u didn't need Navigation to have travel link work but with new system you do. If you have a car with no Nav the icons wlll not be programmed in and if you look at car with Nav you will see the icons.

• 3 months later...

Archived