Sunglasses Holder

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a pair of Maui jims and they are a tight fit but they do go in there. Does the same holder go on models with and without a sunroof? Bc I don't have that option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know about the sunroof trucks, but I find the sunglass holder to be useless. I usually keep one pair of sunglasses in each of my three vehicles... in the Silverado, they have to go in the console tray. Sunglass holder stays empty. (I'm sure if this had been in a 1964 Chevy pickup, they would have loved it!) :lol:

I don't know about the sunroof trucks, but I find the sunglass holder to be useless. I usually keep one pair of sunglasses in each of my three vehicles... in the Silverado, they have to go in the console tray. Sunglass holder stays empty. (I'm sure if this had been in a 1964 Chevy pickup, they would have loved it!) :lol:

Ya my Maui jims are small and they are a tight fit. Guess some brilliant engineer says it's good tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya my Maui jims are small and they are a tight fit. Guess some brilliant engineer says it's good tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya, like "operating normal for the truck",

I don't think it's a big deal, but GM really needs to start sweating the small things as well on these trucks. Some of this stuff is just common sense and you can't help but wonder WTF were they thinking.

Sent from Windows Phone.

If GM had made the sunglasses holder bigger, people would bitch that it takes up too much space. Just like too many USB ports, too many customization options, too much chrome, too little chrome, tires too small, wheels to rubbery, etc. No manufacturer can make a perfect vehicle for all people interested in that model. Even the best of the best vehicles have someone bitching about this or that. Not the fault of the buyers or manufacturers, it's just the way society has become.

If GM had made the sunglasses holder bigger, people would bitch that it takes up too much space. Just like too many USB ports, too many customization options, too much chrome, too little chrome, tires too small, wheels to rubbery, etc. No manufacturer can make a perfect vehicle for all people interested in that model. Even the best of the best vehicles have someone bitching about this or that. Not the fault of the buyers or manufacturers, it's just the way society has become.

Or glasses that rattled because there is to much room

Ryan

Or glasses that rattled because there is to much room

Ryan

It's foam lined, but there isn't enough room for sure.

I have a pair of sunglasses that have been stuck in mine for months.

DA Engineering!

Seems like an unimportant detail but....If they mess up the simple deal of a sunglass holder, It just makes me wonder what they messed up that is important! Like why my truck jerks like crazy on decal at 45, can you say oil burner and oh the shakes or HD radio we do not offer anymore....

• 1 month later...

In my 2000 Silverado, I enjoyed the above head sunglass holder quite a bit. Missed out on it in my 2011 Silverado. So glad to have it back in my 2015!!! Yet, I agree. The design seems to be very lacking in size consideration. I actually use the same sunglassed I did back then, a basic Ray Ban Aviator type. No change in glasses. Yet it seems I'm "stuffing" them into the new holder as compared to past versions. I guess I'm going to be using my Dremel soon on this new holder....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived