Sunglasses Holder

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Try a sunvisor clip like these

http://www.aliexpress.com/popular/sunglass-visor-clip.html

I have these in my gmt900 which doesnt have a sunglass holder (also previously had one in my gmt800 and it wouldnt hold any of my oakleys so this isnt a new issue)

Better than nothing like the previous two gens. The holder is slightly on the small side. Oh well I guess holds all mine. They make them small so when you hit bumps they aren't sliding around in there getting messed up

Better than nothing like the previous two gens. The holder is slightly on the small side. Oh well I guess holds all mine. They make them small so when you hit bumps they aren't sliding around in there getting messed up

A felt liner would take care of the sliding around.

My glasses don't fit. At least they didn't during the lot test drive, haven't received my truck yet. Rather disappointing as my broke a** 2001 Dakota had a wonderfully designed holder. Could even hold TWO pair of proper size and placement. Sooooo handy. Oh well.

On the upside, can't wait to get the new truck. Driving my dad's '05 Silv CC 4x4 w/ the 5.3L. Not a bad truck, been VERY well taken care of, but I miss the punch of the 4.7 in the Dak. The Chevy could probably hold for the first 60' or so, but the Dak would absolutely WALK it from there on out. This thing just struggles to move it's own weight!

I can shed some light on this...slightly. My Dad worked for a company contracted to do interior design on the 900 series trucks. I won't say what company, though he no longer works there. Two days after I got my 2014 My Dad and I went on a big ice fishing trip. first time he sees a new 2014...we're headed up the highway and as it get lighter outside (we left at 5am) I hear him start giggling and playing with stuff.

Here is what he told me...First off was the console with buckets...he explained to me how it goes together and played with for awhile and pointed out the minor changes that were made to it since he designed it for the 900 series. He said he must have done something right since they're using in the K2's.

Second a friend of mine who is now married into the family worked with my Dad at said company at the same time. He designed the springy oh shit handle in the headliner...another carry over. The center roof console in my truck also was supposedly done by him that includes the sunglass holder.

As a matter of fact that relative works for a division of an aero space company now in Georgia. My Dad called him while we're driving to tell him about it and they both got a pretty good laugh as my Dad is sending him pictures of it!

So...take into consideration of when the 900 series trucks were done...and what sunglasses were popular back then...there's the problem.

FYI, I use different Wiley X tactical sunglasses...they don't fit...wrap around sunglasses don't fit, period.

Take it for what's it worth, just some guy on the internet repeating what he was told.

I can shed some light on this...slightly. My Dad worked for a company contracted to do interior design on the 900 series trucks. I won't say what company, though he no longer works there. Two days after I got my 2014 My Dad and I went on a big ice fishing trip. first time he sees a new 2014...we're headed up the highway and as it get lighter outside (we left at 5am) I hear him start giggling and playing with stuff.

Here is what he told me...First off was the console with buckets...he explained to me how it goes together and played with for awhile and pointed out the minor changes that were made to it since he designed it for the 900 series. He said he must have done something right since they're using in the K2's.

Second a friend of mine who is now married into the family worked with my Dad at said company at the same time. He designed the springy oh shit handle in the headliner...another carry over. The center roof console in my truck also was supposedly done by him that includes the sunglass holder.

As a matter of fact that relative works for a division of an aero space company now in Georgia. My Dad called him while we're driving to tell him about it and they both got a pretty good laugh as my Dad is sending him pictures of it!

So...take into consideration of when the 900 series trucks were done...and what sunglasses were popular back then...there's the problem.

FYI, I use different Wiley X tactical sunglasses...they don't fit...wrap around sunglasses don't fit, period.

Take it for what's it worth, just some guy on the internet repeating what he was told.

So are you saying the sunglass holder is from the 900? My sunglasses are normal m effing sunglasses. Whoever designed that shit should be booted.

Originally designed for the 900 series...the high end models he said...Hell I don't know...like I said just repeating what two designers told me. I'll ask him next time I talk to him.

I do know for a fact that inside the cup holders of the console those little half football looking things...my old man designed those...he said they changed the material but other than that they're the same. I saw those pre production...way back when...again he said those were for high end to start and will work they're way down...high end meaning Escalade...not sure but again...I'll ask.

Archived