Sunglasses Holder

Ya, test drove two '14s. Noticed glasses did not fit in the holder. Mentioned it to the sales guy and his sunglasses would not fit the holder either. Not out of the ordinary sunglasses. Same as most sold at sporting goods stores. Just strange that GM missed on such a simple add on.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or how about the rear seat 'clothes hook' on each side door - mine only holds two wire hangers and zero larger size plastic hangers. Mostly the hangers just fall off the hooks!

Guess I'll need to invent a method using 'cable ties' In my old PU (it would hold stuff!!) I used a wood broom handle with holes drilled in each end and fixed to the clothes hooks with cable ties and I could carry all the clothes I ever needed for a trip - kind of like a closet rod across the back seat area.

Ever consider a suitcase or overnight bag? I've never hung anything off those hooks my entire life.

Try a Toyota none of my various Oakley styles fit in out Toyota van sunglass compartment. The only ones that really for are my sons small sunglasses. It's not only gm that has this problem.

Ryan

^^ Impatience II seems to have it right. If you are going to put one in make it work. Mine do not fit the new GM.

But some how they fit just fine in my 04 Honda accord and the Honda sunglass holder is not as large as an overnight bag^^^. 04 Honda vs '14 GMC. How hard can it be. IF it bothers you it is an issue. So please go lite on the OP and those that agree.

I was just going to start a topic about this. How annoying that my oakleys can get scratched by putting them somewhere with other stuff since the area made for them is too small. My wife's 2003 minivan fits them fine.

Don't get me wrong, I love my truck. The sunglass holder is petty compared to shrunken cup holders, and no cup holders for the rear passengers unless you count the ones in the back doors. I can live with it but GM, what were you thinking!

Those compartments are mostly meant to put a mirror in now to monitor the rear seat. Our Ford Flex came with that option in there. I removed the mirror and use it to store my extra glasses on trips but I believe that is basically what they expect it to be utilized for now.

no cup holders for the rear passengers unless you count the ones in the back doors. I can live with it but GM, what were you thinking!

So you don't have a folding out arm rest with cup holders in the back seat? Every truck I have seen has one.

no cup holders for the rear passengers unless you count the ones in the back doors. I can live with it but GM, what were you thinking!

So you don't have a folding out arm rest with cup holders in the back seat? Every truck I have seen has one.

All the 2014s I have seen have additional cupholders in the rear compared to older models. The additional cupholders are in the doors

Ryan

Archived