Sunglasses Holder

Hate mine too. Like only Rayban Aviators fit. smh.

What's wrong with that. Who wears anything else? You guys with the Elton John frames - did you really think they would fit? Joking, sheesh.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just keep the holder always opened and put the lenses part inside while the temples stay outside. Before I place them there I just fold the temples so they grip the edge of the compartment. They never fell out, nor do they obstruct the rear view mirror in my case.

Not sure if this will work with every design...I will try to post a picture or two.

• 1 month later...

Can someone explain to me how I can get my sunglass holder to close again? I ended up taking off the plastic piece with the metal pin, then I put it back in, but now it just slides back and forth on the holder without locking it closed. Does the pin go into something? Right now it just rests on top of the plastic parts with all the grease. I can't keep it closed now?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else have issues with theirs? I wear Maui Jims and they just barely fit in the over head holder. I have to actually put them in a specific way so the door closes. This is 2014, not freaking 1964. Engineers couldn't of had foresight to see that not everyone wears readers from CVS?

I wear prescription Ray Ban Wayfarer 2s and the holder works perfectly for me.

Don't have any desire to look like a Transformer with the latest styles of sunglasses. Raybans never go "out of style":

https://www.google.com/search?q=stars+in+wayfarers&biw=1366&bih=653&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=v3lGVZOcKoazyAT5qoC4AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

I'll give you the Oakley/wraparounds are better functionally though. I'm just too long in the tooth to wear bright orange and silver shades with neon green lenses!

I wear prescription Ray Ban Wayfarer 2s and the holder works perfectly for me.

Don't have any desire to look like a Transformer with the latest styles of sunglasses. Raybans never go "out of style":

https://www.google.com/search?q=stars+in+wayfarers&biw=1366&bih=653&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=v3lGVZOcKoazyAT5qoC4AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

I'll give you the Oakley/wraparounds are better functionally though. I'm just too long in the tooth to wear bright orange and silver shades with neon green lenses!

I almost want to see if my Spy Dirk's fit in my friends 2014. They fit in the overhead of my 04, but if they didnt, i wouldnt complain. There are plenty of other storage options in my truck and even more in a 2014.

Did anyone read the manual, that is a overhead condom holder not a eyeglass holder.

I don't wear condoms over my head, so I just use it for my sunglasses.

I almost want to see if my Spy Dirk's fit in my friends 2014. They fit in the overhead of my 04, but if they didnt, i wouldnt complain. There are plenty of other storage options in my truck and even more in a 2014.

I have a pair of those Spy's and they won't fit. I just keep them in the door pocket.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived