Brentadams646's 2014 Silverado LTZ 2WD

brentadams646

Here are the one's I have and where I ordered from. On the silverado, the truck sits about 3/4" higher in the rear, and like I said in the OP i'll be removing the factory 1.25" block and replacing it with a .50" block to bring it down perfectly level. Another member on here posted his GMC and said his truck measured out perfectly level with 2" lowering shackles installed..

http://www.mcgaughystore.com/2014-chevy-silverado-1500-2wd-4wd-1-2-rear-drop-shackles-mcgaughys-33037/

Did you install the 2" lowering shackles yourself? And could you please explain changing the "factory 1.25" block and replacing it with a .50" block"? Is the block you're referring to on the rear leaf spring where the u-bolts go?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you install the 2" lowering shackles yourself? And could you please explain changing the "factory 1.25" block and replacing it with a .50" block"? Is the block you're referring to on the rear leaf spring where the u-bolts go?

The block is located between the leaf springs and rear end. Someone posted a pic of a digital caliper measuring the thickness of the OEM block and it was 1.257" thick. My truck sits up about 3/4" of an inch higher in the rear so I'm going to lower it by swapping out the factory 1.25" block for one that's a 1/2" thick (.50") to drop the truck that extra 3/4"

I didn't install the shackles myself (to lazy and live in apts) but the shop told me the trailer hitch if you have one will have to come down to get the bolts out of the shackles, They charged me $100 bucks for complete install. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• 2 weeks later...

Brent, like you, the shop that installed the drop shackles on my 2014 had to take down the trailer hitch so as to get access to the bolts for the shackle.

You have a good looking truck. Leveling makes the 2014's side view look better.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Next list of mods after researching and scanning forums for a while;

LED Lighting

BakFlip VP

4/6 Drop

Colormatch grille, headlight trim and tailgate handle

24 x 10 Raceline Executive Wheels

295/35/24 Tires

GMC Sierra All-Terrain Stepless rear bumper - chromed

1206.jpg

• 2 weeks later...