2014 power wire for aftermarket amp.

Hey do any of you guy that have already ran 4ga power wire thru the fire wall have any pics of where you went thru? I'm going to running mine soon and was just peeking under the hood and didn't see any places that looked very easy.

Also where do you think it's best to tap in both front and rear wires to get signle for my 5 channel amp? Thanks for the help.

A little ky will hielp guide the 4 ga through whatever grommet without damaging the wire or grommet. A little tip. I habe changed mine a couple times

A little ky will hielp guide the 4 ga through whatever grommet without damaging the wire or grommet. A little tip. I habe changed mine a couple times

There isn't any rubber grommets that I can see on my 14. My 10 had an easy spot on the upper drivers side where the hood popper cable comes through, but 14 is not the same. The main harness is a molded plastic that fits through with no room on the sides. I'm scared and really don't care to drill a hole. So if one of you guys that have done an amp power cable on a 14 see this please help!!!

IIRC, isn't there one in the floor pan drivers side? You can go out and down through that, over to an existing harness then to the engine bay as needed.

Nevermind, you wanted a rubber one, the one I thought of was hard plastic like you already found.

On my 12 I ended up drilling a hole and puting my own groment. Talk to the parts department to get some of their rust preventive they use for their accessories. It sucks but sometimes you don't have a choice.

Archived