Wheel locks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are only a few key codes and if he did not get one with the truck they will just hand him a key.

Last time I needed them off a used truck that I bought without the key, I didn't even waste my time going to the dealership. Got a few cheap harbor freight sockets, smashed it onto the locked lug nuts with a hammer, took off with a breaker bar, returned sockets for a refund.

Why would you remove the locking nut? As long as you keep it in your glove box or somewhere safe you'll have it. Might as well make it somewhat more difficult for an inexperienced thief. I'd leave it on.

Why would you remove the locking nut? As long as you keep it in your glove box or somewhere safe you'll have it. Might as well make it somewhat more difficult for an inexperienced thief. I'd leave it on.

It's like gun control, it only makes things more difficult for the honest people.

Because when you get a flat in the pouring rain and can't find the stupid key you'll be kicking yourself. My truck came with them and I swapped them out. Useless.

That's not correct, I believe it is 140 ft lbs . Check your manual Ryan

Page 497 section 12-3

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/Chevrolet/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Ownership/Manuals%20and%20Videos/02_pdf/2k14silverado.pdf

140 ft-lbs or 190 N-M for our friends up north :lol:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, be careful with those stereotypes, haha! We may use Km and L/100 km, and we may speak funny and drink a ton of alcohol, but every one of my torque wrenches is clearly using ft-lbs!

Page 497 section 12-3

http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam/Chevrolet/northamerica/usa/nscwebsite/en/Home/Ownership/Manuals%20and%20Videos/02_pdf/2k14silverado.pdf

140 ft-lbs or 190 N-M for our friends up north :lol:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, be careful with those stereotypes, haha! We may use Km and L/100 km, and we may speak funny and drink a ton of alcohol, but every one of my torque wrenches is clearly using ft-lbs!

Mine has both units

Is it true you guys have igloos and pet penguins? Hehe

Ryan

I'd rather have them off because in my situation, parking inside not leaving it for long in parking lots, I figure the chances of losing the "key" are greater than someone trying to steal my wheels and tires. Your situation might be different than mine.

Archived