2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Will the Fold a Cover G4 Elite work ok with a spray in bed liner?

It should - unless it's over the rails or really thick on the sides. I have a drop in liner and there are instructions to trim a small portion of the liner around a bracket on the bed side of the rear stake pocket.

My dealer installed the Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite at the time of purchase. They also installed the bedrug with GM logo, and it came with the GM rubber bed matt that now sits on top of the bedrug. I've had the truck since November, and it has done great with heavy rains, car washes, snow, sub zero weather, etc. I looked hard at bak flip folding covers and the retractable ones. Didn't think the restartable ones would do well in snow and freezing weather. Wasn't sure how easy they would be to take out when I need the entire bed. Mine easily comes out in just a few minutes. The fact you could open a "locked" bak flip with a coat hanger (video on Fold-A-Cover's site) helped seal the deal. I've had a little water inside, but a shot glass full near the tailgate 2 or 3 times, was honestly expecting more. So, very happy with my purchase, love the looks.

• 2 weeks later...

After reading thru this whole thread I still don't know what I want haha. Leaning towards the TruXedo Low-Pro Qt or the Backflip.. I'll be in Arizona I'm afraid of the tri-fold fiberglass covers fading overtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my Line-X sprayed in yesterday morning. Then I installed my Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite. Install was fairly easy, I took my time doing it. Had to make adjustments on the latches but that was expected. So far so good.

As mentioned in a post earlier today, I absolutely love the BakFlip VP for the functionality and smooth appearance.
I have been in some very heavy water and no water on the BedRug. Installation was great and the complaints about the cover rubbing on the cab is not applicable on the 2014 since I installed the nice rubber bumpers to rest on the window when the cover is fully open, as noted in the pics.

GMC BakFlip 1

BedRug

GMC BakFlip cover

GMC BakFlip

• Like 1

Pace Edwards SwitchBlade. I have a bed rug that will arrive this week and I will install both. I had a Bakflip before on my Tundra and didn't like the fact it blocks the back window if you need the whole bed. Also the lack of security it provides.....as someone mentioned you can take a coat hanger and gain access quickly.

As mentioned in a post earlier today, I absolutely love the BakFlip VP for the functionality and smooth appearance.

I have been in some very heavy water and no water on the BedRug. Installation was great and the complaints about the cover rubbing on the cab is not applicable on the 2014 since I installed the nice rubber bumpers to rest on the window when the cover is fully open, as noted in the pics.

Exact same setup I've got! :D Looks great!!

• Like 1

Ordered my Roll-X on Friday. Can't wait to get it. I hope this will last a long time. I was very pleased with my other bak products in my previous trucks. The only concern I have is how long will the vinyl cover over the ribs last in the Louisiana sun. Any special maintenance I should do to help it last longer and not fade? I bought from autoanything.

They matched the lowest price I could find. I bought for UNDER 675. Well pleased with price. Had to show them the site with the lowest price.

Installed a new Peragon cover on my 2014 GMC SLT a week ago. My 2011 truck also had a Peragon cover. The reason I got a Peragon is because it can be quickly removed/re-installed. The quick removal feature is handy when preparing to haul something tall and long where the full bed length is necessary. I have had good success the past two years with the Peragon cover on my 2011 GMC Sierra. We still have the truck and expect the cover's aluminum construction to give many years of use.

post-125801-0-10509500-1391313151_thumb.jpg

post-125801-0-75077800-1391313177_thumb.jpg

post-125801-0-41167300-1391313304_thumb.jpg

Edited by BillWho

New to this forum and new to GMC. I've had my 2014 Denali for a little over a month now and installed the Diamondback HD. It's the second one I've had as I also had one on my Titan. It's by far the best Tonneau I've owned you can load 1600 lbs on top plus it's waterproof and secure. I think it looks perfect with the new GMC style.

I spent the 700+ on the Chevy hard tri-fold and as stated earlier, I wished I would have looked around. Yes it is covered in vinyl, it bugs the sh!t out of me when I'm driving and can see the vinyl flapping around. Yes, it is water proof and does quite well in that area.

My comment to OP was to look around and see what's available. I wished I would have.

Mike

I'm surpirised I haven't posted to this thread before now. As I was perusing it just now, I noticed Mike's post and made me think of my experience with a vinyl cover. I had a Vanish Access on my last Silverado, paid $400 for it, had it about 30 days and sold it for $100. It drove me crazy when I would look in the rear view mirror while driving, the vinyl was flapping up and down...yes it was adjusted properly and then some. I ordered a painted to match Undercover SE Lux for the Silverado and it was great. As a matter of fact, I liked it so well, when I ordered my Denali. I ordered another painted to match Undercover for the Denali. I had it two weeks before I got the truck. It is a very secure cover and one of the most waterproof on the market. However, I guess it isn't real popular with most of you guys because you can't spontaneously decide to haul something large if you are away from home, because you pretty much have to remove the cover. Although it can be removed and reinstalled in less than five minutes, storing it becomes an issue, if not at home. It works great for me as I don't like to haul anything anyway. I don't believe I saw anyone else post in this thread concerning a painted to match Undercover, so I guess that leaves me in the minority, but that's OK, that's not the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm very happy with my Undercover. I can't think of another one that would work as good for me, except maybe the Retrax One. My son has that on his Raptor, and it looks good.

I went with a fold-a-cover, no flapping was easy to install and is easy to operate. It was not cheap but I compared a bunch of covers and this one seemed to be the best at its price point.

I have only had it for a couple of weeks but no major leaks in snow or rain.