2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I found out today that the GM branded tri-fold hard cover is made by Advantage. http://www.advantagetruckaccessories.com

I looked them up and it appears to be their "Hard Hat" model. Didn't see any prices on their site but you can find out some of their online dealers and check out those prices.

Well maybe I'll be sticking with the flex. I found another 2' section of weather seal that was not staying stuck down. I hosed the cover down every which way for about 20-30 mins after re-gluing the section and didn't get any water in the bed. ::fingers crossed:: that the thing doesn't spring another leak because I really prefer the functionality and appearance of this kinda of cover vs a one piece cover.

W/ that said I'm still pretty disappointed with the whole deal, I shouldn't have to spend 8-10 hours fixing leaks due to poor craftsman ship and or defective materials. IMO undercover has a less than great warranty policy, IMO if it isn't put together right and leaking because if it they should send me a new cover, with a return shipping label so they can examine the defective cover with a eye to improving their manufacturing process. Instead they send me two bottles of cheap house hold super glue :dunno: and tell me to glue their defective seals back down.

Edited by Imcrazy

I put a BakFlip F1 on my '14 Sierra short bed the first week I bought the truck. I've had BakFlip covers on my last two trucks and have been very pleased with them both. I personally like the look of a flush-mounted cover better than a top mount. And with the locking tailgate it's fairly secure, but still very easy to remove. A lot of places sell the BakFlip F1 for close to $1000, but I bought mine new on Amazon for $708 delivered. I see they're now $732 on Amazon, which is still a great deal.

post-53852-0-03747600-1389546660_thumb.jpg

Edited by JTWOLD

Did my access vanish today..took so long cause it comes with 2 sets of directions very confusing and was short 2 clamps..After 2.5 hrs I got it done..it is nice..hardware can be better. .but it's look flush and sweet..see how long it last

I had an issue with the Undercover Flex too (another thread). I contacted the company via email, and they responded that they would have someone contact me. Basically the cut (1/2 inch) on the underside is not of their concern and will not hurt the cover functionality. As for the screws in the bracket by the red handle that were stripped, I was told to use bigger screws. I fixed the screws and patch the cut myself. Although it is a nice cover, I would not buy from this company ever again. In a nut shell, their customer support is really non existent.

It seems to me undercover is good at hard hinge open covers but they are having serious issues with their folding covers and it's not financially viable for them to stand behind their folding covers.

I've got the TruXedo Lo Pro.

I wasn't interested in a roll up because of their operation in the winter - I was thinking that when you roll it up in the stupid cold it would wrecking it. But with the lifetime warrantee on the entire cover, there wasn't much risk. And for the price, I risked it. Since then - I'm really surprised. It keeps out the water (at least in the car wash), and the snow, and it doesn't flap around all that much on the highway either. I'm a believer

I've had the Truxedo on my Frontier, Tundra, and now Sierra. Each version has been better than the last, very easy self-installation and bed sealing. Virtually no leakage anywhere on the Sierra, at most a couple drops in the corners after long downpours.

• Like 2

Hey Guys

I know they we two totally different covers but I am between these final two covers. Any pros/cons of each of recommendations?

The BakFlip F1 is $725 on Amazon and its easy enough for my to install on my own. I was quote $1299+tax for the Roll N Lock Installation.

Thanks

I hunt and fish alot so I use a good amount of bed space even with the 6.5' bed. During hunting season I throw a canoe in the bed as well for duck hunting. At first I was leaning towards the Roll N Lock for security etc but I am having second thoughts based on the bin space etc.