2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Is yours the 6' 6" bed? I was getting ready to order the VP, but not sure if there are fit issues, I just have the Line-X liner.

I have the 6' 6" bed with no fitment problems. I have the bedrug.

I have the 6.5' bed. Had an Undercover Flex. Damn thing leaked like a civ. Front, rear, hinges, joints between panels and frame. Everywhere.

Took it back, and now have an Undercover SE one piece hard cover. Not as sleek as the flush mounts, but works and looks decent enough.

I also have a bedrug, and it makes for a great trunk for when the wife wants to load it up with luggage, and a great truck bed when I want to load it up with 6x6 posts from Home Depot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are y'all keeping tools, jumper cables, etc.? Part of me wants a toolbox, but I think a tonneau cover might look better and be more practical.

Also, are y'all having issues with the tonneau covers fading over time? My truck sits outside in Florida so I am worried about fading.

I have a plastic bin with interlocking "flaps" on the top that I keep needed stuff like that in. I have a cargo bar that I use to keep it from sliding forward, and a strap to lash it in place so it doesn't slide side-to-side.

Where are y'all keeping tools, jumper cables, etc.? Part of me wants a toolbox, but I think a tonneau cover might look better and be more practical.

Also, are y'all having issues with the tonneau covers fading over time? My truck sits outside in Florida so I am worried about fading.

I'm going to put a swing case in mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i keep all that stuff in my underseat storage bin.

• Like 1

Thanks to GM Trucks forum member Front Runner....I am now the proud owner of a Tonnopro Hard cover Tri Fold tonneau cover. Thanks Front Runner....it was very nice to meet you today and look fwd to seeing what else you do to that High Country. 10023c90c3a1c71899140e1e02997518.jpg

Sent from my Note 4

Edited by werked

Someone locally is selling a Retrax for a 2013 shortbox chevy for $250.

Would it be hard to make it fit a 2015?

I have an email to him to confirm the year and box size, but if it's the shortbox, then the 2 are the same length. Is it impossible to make it work?

Can it be made to fit is the question.

Why don't you call Retrax and ask them to tell you "what's different"? That's going to tell you whether or not the materials, tools, and know-how are readily at your disposal to modify it.

Still shoping around for a bed cargo solution. I've notice some here have the Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite. Seems like a solid cover. Can anyone weigh in on how it's been holding up for them? Any problems?

Also one of my biggest concerns is security. In one of Fold-A-covers comparison videos with a bak flip cover they describe how the bak flip can be opened with a coat hanger. So I take it this is not the case with the G4. Only in some of the pictures I can see what looks like latch cords covered with rubber tubing on the rear most panel.

Anyone that has this cover, can the latches be operated by pulling on this cord? Or does the rubber tubing/ lock on the cover prevent this from being a problem.

As far as foldable tonneau covers the G4 seems to be one of the best IMO. The diamondback seems amazing, but is pricey and I'm not sure I can commit/justify spending that much.

Thanks for any information

Still shoping around for a bed cargo solution. I've notice some here have the Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite. Seems like a solid cover. Can anyone weigh in on how it's been holding up for them? Any problems?

Also one of my biggest concerns is security. In one of Fold-A-covers comparison videos with a bak flip cover they describe how the bak flip can be opened with a coat hanger. So I take it this is not the case with the G4. Only in some of the pictures I can see what looks like latch cords covered with rubber tubing on the rear most panel.

Anyone that has this cover, can the latches be operated by pulling on this cord? Or does the rubber tubing/ lock on the cover prevent this from being a problem.

As far as foldable tonneau covers the G4 seems to be one of the best IMO. The diamondback seems amazing, but is pricey and I'm not sure I can commit/justify spending that much.

Thanks for any information

Securing content under a cover was my concern as well so I hooked into the factory alarm and added a switch to the tailgate handle.

This works on the assumption that a thief will try to open the tailgate before attempting to force open the cover.

Video

• Like 1