2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Good choice Rewill, that's what I got put on my 2015 Z71 Chevy and I love it. I have an 03 Z71 that's my daily driver that hauls stuff. The new truck will only haul luggage when we travel so the Retrax Pro in matte black made sense. Quality cover that doesn't buckle or flap in the breeze when driving with a very low profile that can't be seen from the side.

I just installed my new Access Tonnosport cover on my new 2014 Silverado. It took me about 30 mins. Was very easy with my trusty Irwin Quick Clamps! It's nice and tight, latches very securely, and seems to be waterproof for the most part. Very high quality construction, and very low profile. Now my new sprayed-in bedliner won't fade and rot in the Florida sun!

Their top-of-the-line "Limited" cover is well over $500. THE TONNOSPORT IS VERY SIMILAR TO THE ACCESS "LIMITED" COVER, BUT 1/2 THE PRICE! I got it for $242 on Amazon with free shipping! Love it!

Just an FYI for those looking at the Access Roll-Ups, they have a Good - Better - Best system and two categories... The Increased Capacity Category(Higher Profile) is Lite Rider - Original - Limited... The Low Profile Category (Lower Profile) is Tonosport - Vanish - Lorado...

Hope that helps...

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cover. I am looking for a hard cover that is secure, durable, and does not take up bed space since I load my quad in the bed and also will be storing tools in it.

I was considering the Peragon cover bc it seems very secure, but I have heard it doesn't do a great job of keeping water out, it has tracks that seem to stick out into the bed pretty far that could get bent, it does retract into a pretty compact space at the front of the bed, but it is still taking up bed space. It can be removed very easily within about 30 seconds though.

I was also considering Bak Industry covers like the Roll-x, and some of their tri folds. They seem very secure. I like the way the tri folds flip up against the back glass almost giving you back rack protection for your rear glass. Could come in handy for loading in the bed. This thread some people have had problems with the finishes coming off their products and problems with customer service.

I have never had a flat cover before only a bed cap. Would get a back cap but wouldn't be able to fit a quad.

You guys have any suggestions? Thanks.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a cover. I am looking for a hard cover that is secure, durable, and does not take up bed space since I load my quad in the bed and also will be storing tools in it.

I was considering the Peragon cover bc it seems very secure, but I have heard it doesn't do a great job of keeping water out, it has tracks that seem to stick out into the bed pretty far that could get bent, it does retract into a pretty compact space at the front of the bed, but it is still taking up bed space. It can be removed very easily within about 30 seconds though.

I was also considering Bak Industry covers like the Roll-x, and some of their tri folds. They seem very secure. I like the way the tri folds flip up against the back glass almost giving you back rack protection for your rear glass. Could come in handy for loading in the bed. This thread some people have had problems with the finishes coming off their products and problems with customer service.

I have never had a flat cover before only a bed cap. Would get a back cap but wouldn't be able to fit a quad.

If you have the standard or long bed, stay away from Bak and any of their sister companies for hard folding covers.

I'd look at the truxedo titanium..

We had our first steady rain with the new Extang Solidfold 2.0 and I got water drips under center of the last hinge and near the front right clamp.

There was not much in total amount of water ingress and it rained pretty steady for a day.

It had not leaked in the last car wash so I will call Extang to see what if anything can be done to make it more water proof if possible.

I kinda expected that it would be difficult to make these folding covers water tight.

Am getting a Roll N Lock installed on mine today. Had one on my last truck for 10+ years. The thing is a beast. Locks to the bedrails and tailgate. Very minor water intrusion at the tail gate corners (not the cover's fault). No issues to speak of. Customer service is incredible. I contacted them for replacement parts after a failed attempt to break into my bedcover. New lock, linkage, tailgate bar, latches etc. all shipped to the house for ~$70. They included a tune up kit which included all new weathersripping, guides, normal wear parts ans stuff. ALL FOR FREE!

Am getting a Roll N Lock installed on mine today. Had one on my last truck for 10+ years. The thing is a beast. Locks to the bedrails and tailgate. Very minor water intrusion at the tail gate corners (not the cover's fault). No issues to speak of. Customer service is incredible. I contacted them for replacement parts after a failed attempt to break into my bedcover. New lock, linkage, tailgate bar, latches etc. all shipped to the house for ~$70. They included a tune up kit which included all new weathersripping, guides, normal wear parts ans stuff. ALL FOR FREE!

Both the Roll-N-Lock M-Series and A-Series are good covers, but the new A-Series is more of a "Beast" than the M-Series.

I guess I being weather proof isn't that big of a deal since I'm in San Diego now. So security and not taking up to much bed space would be the key factors. If it does take up space in the bed it would have to be easily removable. Would rather not remove it and just get something that takes minimal space when folded.

I really like the beefy look of the extang solid fold 2.0. Looks very durable but can't fold up the last of three folds from what I can tell. Taking up a lot of bed space.

The truxedo titanium I like. Seems just like the roll x . Seems to have a soft cover look....not sure what they cover the aluminum with, but it almost looks like a vinyl. Living in San Diego the sun might abuse that finish. Anyone have his cover that could weigh in on this?

Roll n lock look great, seem very secure, but seem to have a canister it rolls into at the head of the bed that takes up space.

Most of these covers would be fine for my day to day and securing work tools. When it comes to loading a quad idk of it will fit. I mean right now I can fit my quad in my bed with the tail gate up and locked with an inches or two to spare. Might just have to get one that is easily removable. Or keep the tail gate down and travel with the rear wheels on the tail gate and just use straps.

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm pretty new to dealing with tonneau covers. I'll have to look into some of these brands more.

Edited by Jaybridge88
  • Like 1

The Solid Fold 2 does remove easily but it is an extra step and you will need space to put the folded cover when you take it off.

It works for me as I rarely need the whole bed open.

I read on another forum that a lot of these covers that use a pull cord to open the latch can be broken into using a coat hanger. Just jimmy a coat hanger under the edge and the tailgate and hook the cord. Some people were talking about moding their covers to prevent this. The 2.0 mentioned earlier seems to have a more secure way to latch with actual handles. I have to say though, diamondback covers put a lot of checks in my must have boxes. Their covers seem ridiculously secure, waterproof, easy enough to remove, offer a lot of different configurations, and they offer a cover you can actually load a quad on top of. These covers seem extremely durable and seem they are built to last. They are more expensive, but they seem to offer unbeatable performance. After researching their covers I can't settle for anything less. Guess I'll hold off on a cover a bit longer to save a bit more.