2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

He's referring to the Fold-A-Cover. The G4 model is the one to consider, not the LS model.

thats the one. Very nice. It's still a little difficult to reach everything in the caddy. I may install side steps at back of the back door. That's why I like the treys.

I had an Extang Trifecta Signature with the cavas fabric on my SLE double cab. I just upgraded to an SLT Crew and just got an Advantage Torza Top with the new "flat black" vinyl. The front secures the exact same way. The rear clamps are easier to use than the Extang spring clamps. The size and fit of the Torza is better, and the quality is equal. They both secure with the same type of clip when folded. The packaging on the Torza was nicer with a larger box with internal padding. The Torza top was over $100 less expensive, which represents about a 25% reduction in cost. My vote goes to the Torza Top! I can post pics if anyone would like to see them.

Edited by dmaxwellh

Just got back from a 400 mile trip with my Undercover Flex. Torrential downpour for first hour of second leg resulted in very wet bed. Appears to have entered from the cab side and the tailgate area.

Not impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got back from a 400 mile trip with my Undercover Flex. Torrential downpour for first hour of second leg resulted in very wet bed. Appears to have entered from the cab side and the tailgate area.

Not impressed.

Went back to the shop I bought my Flex from, and told the guy about how bad it leaked. He opened it up to take a look, and water was still dripping out of all the seams where the panels meet the metal seal/hinge holding pieces.

They are warranty returning to Undercover for me and ordering me an SE hard tonneau. Not what I wanted to do, but I need it to stay dry on my road trips. And I'll just take it off when tooling around town.

So i just got my access vanish this weekend and put it on. Great tonneau for the price! How tight is thing suposed to be? I have tightened it twice and it looks like I may need to do it again..

Skenne123... I have the Access Lorado Roll-Up... Is it not tight side to side or front to back? If it's side to side make sure that when you unroll it and roll it back that you lift up on the sides, pull it tight and than reseal the Velcro... I do this on average three spots on each side... If it's front to back than I am not sure how tight it should be... Mine was installed by the shop I bought it from and I have not done any adjusting to it... It's hard to describe how tight mine is so if you have a specific question maybe I can help further...

Anyone else having issues of water coming in through the rear stake pockets? I just put on a revolver X2 about 2 weeks ago and it seems to be water tight except for right where the two rear stake pockets are inside the bed. After doing some research online I see some people mention that these are not water tight, but after a car wash yesterday I probably had about a 1/2 cup of water on each side of the bed...not a lot, but more than what I would deem to be acceptable. Just wanted to see if others experienced the same thing.

Anyone else having issues of water coming in through the rear stake pockets? I just put on a revolver X2 about 2 weeks ago and it seems to be water tight except for right where the two rear stake pockets are inside the bed. After doing some research online I see some people mention that these are not water tight, but after a car wash yesterday I probably had about a 1/2 cup of water on each side of the bed...not a lot, but more than what I would deem to be acceptable. Just wanted to see if others experienced the same thing.

I have an Access Lorado Roll-up COver and I get a barely traceable water on each side of the Bed after I drive in the rain or go through a car wash...

Have you considered Retrax? I can't tell the pros and cons as I don't have one yet (still in the search for a tonneau). I just came across it here in the forum and it got me very interested. it looks to me like a secure cover, very easy to operate, leaks? Only Retrax owners can tell us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, I finally bit the bullet on an Undercover Flex. Knowing full well that it likely would not be water tight.

And of course, it's barely rained all summer, and this week the bottom fell out on us here in the ATL. Good hard downpours everyday, at some point, for the last 4 days.

As expected, I suffered some water intrusion. And it was all in the corners. I'm not surprised at all by the tailgate intrusion. The gaps between the tailgate and the body of the bed are so massive that I don't know how I'm going to seal that up. I climbed in the bed and closed the gate with the tonneau closed, and couldn't believe how much light I could see coming through the tailgate gap.

Anyway, moving onto the cover itself. It's okay in its design, and I would say of average build quality. There are a good few spots of glue that seeped out of their crevasses, and what appears to be dumdum (black sticky stuff) sealing the panels together, that sticks to the rubber seal like gum when you open it after it's been baking in our hot GA sunshine.

The biggest area I see that needs improvement is the ends where the top meets the bed caps. There's nothing applying any substantial pressure to the rubber seals, so the seals don't seal very well. The corners are the worst. Mainly because they aren't really finished, and the shape of the cut end of the seal doesn't meet the bed cap at all.

I installed a front rail cap to help make up for the height differential, and ended up with foam tape on the tonneau seal also. The front rail cap I bought is the BAK PCBHP3, and I'm not very happy with it. It's a different color and texture, despite saying OEM look, and it's too narrow at the ends which flares it out at the sides. But it was $38 and will have to do until I can find something better (which I'm struggling to do).

All in all I'm happy with the look of the tonneau on the truck. I had decided on a hard, over cap, tonneau, but when I went to the store, I just didn't like how they met the bed, or how they looked (lower edges are too straight cut, should be rolled and tighter fitting I think). I also really wanted something I could flip out of the way if I wanted to carry something tall in the bed.

I'm debating making some modifications to improve upon the ends where the tonneau meets the bulkhead and tailgate. But we'll see. I'll post again if I come up with anything useful.

I wasn't aware that Bak even had those front rail caps available as THEY do not advertise them on their own site. While the rubber adhesive seal that they provide should be adequate, I personally like the idea of adding something more solid to take up the space and make it more stable overall.

It seems that you aren't the only one that has complained about the "taper" causing fitment issues, and that's disappointing. I suspect your water issues are the result of bad sizing (Bak, UnderCover, Extang, Truxedo, Gator - they're all built to the exact same spec) on the part of the manufacturer, especially if you have the 6'6" bed. For whatever reason, they build the cover so that there's about 1/4" rubber weather seal that lips over the bulkhead and the tailgate... That's it.

I had a Bak HD on a Double Cab Sierra with the 6'6" bed, and the fit was just plain AWFUL. After arguing extensively with Bak and the reseller, and getting a warranty replacement that was exactly the same, they took it back. I traded the Double Cab for a Crew Cab with the shorter bed and will give them another swing at it (only the short box is built by Bak as a 3-panel cover - the others are 4-panel and suck). The only reason I'm even considering the Bak covers is bevause the 3-panel F1 I had on my Tundra was quite good.

Went back to the shop I bought my Flex from, and told the guy about how bad it leaked. He opened it up to take a look, and water was still dripping out of all the seams where the panels meet the metal seal/hinge holding pieces.

They are warranty returning to Undercover for me and ordering me an SE hard tonneau. Not what I wanted to do, but I need it to stay dry on my road trips. And I'll just take it off when tooling around town.

I sold my flex and put a tonnopro hard fold on. It gives me almost as much flexibility, I think it looks better than the solid covers such as the SE or other undercovers and it's been 100% water proof, plus it's 1/2 the cost and I can easily remove it myself.