2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

anyone else have issue with soft/hard tri-fold GMC cover leaking. Mine seems to leek at the tailgate. I've had it readjusted and the dealer has no answer.

Currently have the tri-fold hard cover vinyl.

Thanks.

I recently bought a used GM Tri-fold soft/hard cover. I've run the truck through two car washes and have had no leaks so far. The person I bought it off of was changing it out for a quad fold that he could open front and read of the bed. Really pleased with this top.

anyone else have issue with soft/hard tri-fold GMC cover leaking. Mine seems to leek at the tailgate. I've had it readjusted and the dealer has no answer.

Currently have the tri-fold hard cover vinyl.

Thanks.

I'm guessing from what I seen in a pic, its a little too short & needs to be cheated to the back a little to get a good seal on the tailgate.

Looked like the rear stake pockets was not totally covered...so its too short!

I'm guessing from what I seen in a pic, its a little too short & needs to be cheated to the back a little to get a good seal on the tailgate.

Looked like the rear stake pockets was not totally covered...so its too short!

That's exactly what I said to the dealer.

The end doesn't quite flap over the tailgate. I will just adjust on my own. Wasn't sure if it was a defect and needed replacement under warranty.

I like mine (Retrax Pro) and search around/contemplated many include fiberglass covers. Elected to go with the Pro and purchased it direct from Retrax, managing to negotiate it down to wholesale cost. Took about to hours to install. Easy, Efficient, works great.

image_zps116aebf3.jpg

Rewillia, the Retrax Pro is going on my 2015 Silverado when it comes in September. They are pricy but the best on the market. I had one on my 2003 Silverado for years before I ruined it hauling sand that got into the ball bearings. I still have the 03 Z71 that will haul things. The new brownstone LTZ CC Z71 will NEVER see building materials. F-5

Mine covers the stake holes and I have to lift it up slightly to gee the tail gate to close. It sounds like you have a cover for a shorter bed. I can get you pictures and measurements this evening.

I currently have an Extang Trifecta on my 2015 All Terrain. I like the fact that it's easy to install and uninstall. I DO NOT like how it bows in at the front hinge. When I got the cover I sent Extang an email about the hinge pads not being installed properly. They were sitting on top of the weatherstripping creating a bulge in the cover. Waited a few days and never heard anything so I called. The guy goes through his emails and found it. I had attached photos of the pads and of how it bowed at the front hinge. He said that it was normal. He did send new pads for the the hinges. It looks almost like the cover is too tight at the front hinges. Not at all happy with it but I'm outside my 30 days with Autoanything and Extang doesn't act like it's a problem.

I had another brand tri-fold on my 2011 Silverado and it wasn't this way and cost half as much. I just didn't like the way the rear latches were They were bad about scratching the bed rail covers up.

Hello all, new guy here to the forum;

Am about to make the investment here. Just undecided. I had a Fold - A - Cover on my '03. Hurricane Katrina stole it from me. I had no other issues with it. I then installed a Roll -N- Lock M series, absolutey loved it. I looked through this entire thread and could not find any good pictures of how the Fold-A-Cover sits over the "grab handle pockets" on the rear of the bed. I also dont want to cover up the Chevrolet logo on the bed caps. I am also interested in the Retrax but it looks like the grab handle pockets are covered by some models and not others. If anybody has any good pics of the grab handle pockets and the Chevrolet logos that arent covered by their tonneau's please post. Keep in mind I am looking for a hard roll up (can type) or folding but not the Bak Flip type that stands up against the back window, thanks in advance.