2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I needed a tonneau cover for my new truck after putting in a Bedrug. (My 3rd Bedrug in as many trucks. Excellent product!) My funds were depleted after buying the truck, and I also needed a set of nerf steps. I went on Autoanything.com, and looked at the reviews on the American Tonneau Co. folding cover. It was only $250. The reviews were great, so I ordered it along with a set of Go Rhino 4" stainless nerf steps. The cover arrived in two days! It came already assembled, and was a piece of cake to put on. It also came with a free tailgate seal and a very nice T-shirt! It rained 3" here two days ago. After driving home 30 miles in the down pour, I pulled into the garage and opened the tailgate. Completely bone dry in the bed. This cover comes with a 10 year warranty on the fabric and lifetime on the frame. A real bargain, if you ask me.

20150702_183445_zpsexit76eg.jpg

Looks good my friend. Gotta love freebies especially when its something useful.

I am currently putting funds together to put a bedrug in now. Im pretty heavily into shoes(sneakers) so ive been parting ways with pairs in my collection that i dont want/wear to pay for my new truck mods ?

Looks awesome! How do you like the Revolver? How is that nameplate installed? Can it be removed?

I was going to ask the same thing, like the Revolver/Roll-x design, not crazy about the logo plate.

Have been thinking about the Revolver, is it any different than the Roll-X? It seems like maybe more locking area, but I tried to look it up a while back, and couldnt really find what made it "better".

Looks awesome! How do you like the Revolver? How is that nameplate installed? Can it be removed?

So far I really like it. Haven't noticed any leaks yet. I used to have a Bak F1 and I like the X2 better. It also doesn't need drain tubes. I can also close the tailgate without opening the cover.

It looks like the branding could be pried up, but not 100% sure. It's probably only glued.

So far I really like it. Haven't noticed any leaks yet. I used to have a Bak F1 and I like the X2 better. It also doesn't need drain tubes. I can also close the tailgate without opening the cover.

It looks like the branding could be pried up, but not 100% sure. It's probably only glued.

Thanks for the info. If I pull the trigger on the Revolver (pun intended), I'll probably send an email to their tech department to find out if I would damage the vinyl by removing it.

Edited by Kilo-9

Hey guys. I ordered the Extang Trifecta from AutoAnything but I need some help.

After putting on the product per the instructions, I have noticed that you can lift the cover 5.5+ inches with one hand from the middle of the tailgate. I thought that was a bit odd, so I called AutoAnything and they spoke with Extang and apparently this is "how it is." My friend has one that was manufactured 3-4 years ago and he said he cannot lift the cover more than an inch max.

Can anyone else with this product chime in?

I've attached a picture of my lifting from the middle of the tailgate with one hand.

post-85983-0-89514900-1436991204.jpeg

I would say it's installed incorrectly or it's somehow defective. If were installed correctly, there's no way you could do that. You could not even lift it ONE inch.

That's what I keep telling the reps on the phone, but they don't really seem to care. I followed the instructions and based on logic, I have it installed correctly. Was hoping a few people that have the cover could verify that theirs does or does not do that. Thanks!

Got mine sitting in the garage. Cant wait to get her installed this weekend. How's the water resistance?

So far pretty good. Sealed better than the Bak F1 on my 2014. You'll like it.