2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I just need something to get the job done and keep my stuff out of the elements, as well as secure from potential thieves.

Anyone here use Tonno Pro? Or Access Lorado?

Will I get quality usage and lifespan from them? Im not trying to break the bank but if Im gonna pay a few hundred I want my monies worth.

You won't get any security with those covers. They are made of vinyl and can easily be cut open with a knife.

I have the Laredo and it is a great cover. Of course it can be cut. Just like a hard one could be pried or a window could be smashed. It keeps items out of view and reasonable secure. I am selling mine, but only because I am getting a camper top.

Yeah i just meant that its a means of not making it as simple as reaching in the bed and stealing my stuff.

Youre right just like a window can be broken but at least its rolled up and theyd at least have to work for it right vs your window just being down.

You won't get any security with those covers. They are made of vinyl and can easily be cut open with a knife.

What do you need a knife for? Just unsnap / unclip the thing and open it.

You get "security through obscurity". I always had soft tonneaus on my trucks and never had an issue with anything going missing. Of course, I never kept a ton of stuff in the bed (mostly things like washer fluid, a recovery strap, some tie-down straps, and similar all in a bin) and the truck was parked in well-lit lots in good areas or at my suburban neighborhood-surrounded house.

The problem is that the ONLY way you're going to get security of any real kind is with the one-piece fiberglass covers that wrap over the rails and gate. Even the folding hard tonneaus offer very little in the way of security because the release mechanism can be triggered with a coat hanger.

I would say the the RollNLock is the most secure cover on the market, especially the new A-Series cover. It's a retractable cover that has a tailgate hardware piece, it's the only retractable cover on the market with a tailgate piece. The cover locks into the tailgate as well as both sides of the truck (that's FOUR locking points). I've personally seen a RollNLock that someone tried to break into. They messed up the cover, but they did not break it open, I was impressed. No, I do not work for RollNLock.

Edited by TruckDaddy

I just need something to get the job done and keep my stuff out of the elements, as well as secure from potential thieves.

Anyone here use Tonno Pro? Or Access Lorado?

Will I get quality usage and lifespan from them? Im not trying to break the bank but if Im gonna pay a few hundred I want my monies worth.

I have the tonnopro hard fold, it works well, not the best looking cover out there but it's pretty secure and 100% waterproof so far.

I installed the Extang Encore about a month ago. In this short time, I have come to really like the cover. The 2 most significant benefits are (1) very good design for keeping water out. I haven't seen a drop of water in the bed even after driving through/parked in a few torrential South Florida rain showers and (2) the cover is VERY easy to take off should you need to. I wasn't sure I would like the profile of the cover (it sits on the rail rather than flush like the BakFlip and others), but the looks have grown on me and the functionality is great. Oh, it also can be unlocked/opened from the front (the panel behind the cab).

I installed the Extang Encore about a month ago. In this short time, I have come to really like the cover. The 2 most significant benefits are (1) very good design for keeping water out. I haven't seen a drop of water in the bed even after driving through/parked in a few torrential South Florida rain showers and (2) the cover is VERY easy to take off should you need to. I wasn't sure I would like the profile of the cover (it sits on the rail rather than flush like the BakFlip and others), but the looks have grown on me and the functionality is great. Oh, it also can be unlocked/opened from the front (the panel behind the cab).

What size bed do you have and how many panels is it?

What size bed do you have and how many panels is it?

i have a short bed (5'8"). It's a 3 panel cover with a key lock on the most forward panel. This 2 min video gives a nice quick overview of the cover and features. I installed the cover by myself (didn't need another set of hands) in about 15 mins and have removed the cover alone several times - literally takes seconds. The design is very innovative - The BakFlips look nice but I always had leaking issues and found the cover didn;t hold up well against sun damage. This cover just feels more rugged and better built. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsogPt9Ol_0

i have a short bed (5'8"). It's a 3 panel cover with a key lock on the most forward panel. This 2 min video gives a nice quick overview of the cover and features. I installed the cover by myself (didn't need another set of hands) in about 15 mins and have removed the cover alone several times - literally takes seconds. The design is very innovative - The BakFlips look nice but I always had leaking issues and found the cover didn;t hold up well against sun damage. This cover just feels more rugged and better built. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsogPt9Ol_0

:/

Extang lists the bed on my truck as 6'5" (like the other THI-owned companies) and it is NOT. It's a full 6'6". They also make no mention of whether the mid and full sized beds use four panels or stick with three. Looks like yet another "miss" for a cover for this truck.

The Encore is a unique design. The only thing I don't care for is the rather large water channels along the two rails which you don't see very well in the video.

Yes, the water channels are indeed large - for me, that was actually a benefit as the design allows for adequate drainage in the afternoon downpours that are typical here in So FL. My BakFlip never stayed dry when it rained - so far, the Encore has.

I feel for you @ember1205 as I have heard similar complaints from other full size bed truck owners.

:/

Extang lists the bed on my truck as 6'5" (like the other THI-owned companies) and it is NOT. It's a full 6'6". They also make no mention of whether the mid and full sized beds use four panels or stick with three. Looks like yet another "miss" for a cover for this truck.

Have you checked out the Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite? It was essentially a coin toss for me between the 2 covers. A lot of guys love the G4 as it too has a really nice design. They also list the bed length at 6'6" for the Silverado full size bed.

http://www.foldacoverfactorystore.com/GM4932-G4-Elite-Fold-A-Cover.html