2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

why the 90 degree? mine exists at the same spot, i just pushed it out the knock out hole and it curved down on its own

Had trouble with them collapsing when I put them through the holes I drilled in the knock out plugs (wanted it more closed to keep out dust). Someone else did this and I thought it made sense, especially running the tubes out behind a Bedrug. Works great, it's cheap and it was something to fiddle with. Did I have to do this? No, but it doesn't collapse any more. Highly optional...

Edited by chuckl1218

why the 90 degree? mine exists at the same spot, i just pushed it out the knock out hole and it curved down on its own

This is what I was thinking also. If the tube is flexible as it appears to be, I would think you wouldn't need an elbow?

As I said, you don't "need" an elbow, but the tubing collapsed...this fixed it...simple, cheap...there were a few others who noticed it too and replaced their tubing with braided reinforced tube. Again, you don't "need" it, but I like it.

Installed the Bakflip yesterday and I must say it looks nice! It wasn't hard to install, just followed the instructions. It rained hard last night and no rain in the bed of the truck! Thanks Chuck for the drain line mod..

Edited by Bigmike46

So, I'm about to pull the trigger on the bak g2 or vp. Is there any consensus on which one is the better option in terms of keeping water out and durability? It appears from the website that the g2 can hold more weight (400 lbs. vs. 250 lbs.), but it sounds like the vp has an additional layer of vinyl over top? Is one more low profile than the other? Plan on keeping this thing on there for years, so I want to make the right decision.

Well after a few weeks with the Tonnopro Hard Fold I like the cover especially for the price $425 shipped. The first cover had some hinge issues, that affect the appearance a bit, I asked the mfr. if this was normal they said no and sent a second cover, which was worse than the first, they've now sent a third cover that seems to be pretty close to right. The cover looks pretty nice either way and its certainly rainproof. The two down sides compared to the undercover flex I had before is the latching system is not as easy or as quick to open and if you want full bed access you have to take the cover off but, I rarely need full bed access for tall items. I may switch to a Truxedo Titanium if it ever comes out.

Revolver X2 is the renamed Roll-X, apparently Rollex took issue with the name. What I want to know if the difference between the Revolver X2 and the Truxedo Titanium.

Not exactly. Both covers are owned by Bak. The Revolver is actually the second generation Roll-X. There are a few design changes. Currently, both covers are available, but I'm guessing that the Roll-X will be phased out once inventory levels drop.

Edited by TruckDaddy

Revolver X2 is the renamed Roll-X, apparently Rollex took issue with the name. What I want to know if the difference between the Revolver X2 and the Truxedo Titanium.

That's what I'm looking forward to as well. What would be awesome is if they fused a rolling hard cover with the truxedo deuce so you can fold a section back instead of rolling it all the way up. I'd buy that in a heartbeat!

I just need something to get the job done and keep my stuff out of the elements, as well as secure from potential thieves.

Anyone here use Tonno Pro? Or Access Lorado?

Will I get quality usage and lifespan from them? Im not trying to break the bank but if Im gonna pay a few hundred I want my monies worth.