2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

i bought my truck used and it came with the backflip vp. I know it is hard to see from this pic, but wanted to know if anyone has had this one for several years? How well does the vinyl cover hold up over time? is it going to fade out, dry up,crack and flap in the wind? it looks just like the regular backflip g2 from the underside from what i can tell.

i would just hate for it to start looking like a ragged out convertible top like you see on cars flopping around going down the highway.

maybe i'm way over thinking it...i do park it in the garage fyi

Justin%20Sonoma%20Red%20Metalic_zpsojlby

i bought my truck used and it came with the backflip vp. I know it is hard to see from this pic, but wanted to know if anyone has had this one for several years? How well does the vinyl cover hold up over time? is it going to fade out, dry up,crack and flap in the wind? it looks just like the regular backflip g2 from the underside from what i can tell.

i would just hate for it to start looking like a ragged out convertible top like you see on cars flopping around going down the highway.

maybe i'm way over thinking it...i do park it in the garage fyi

Justin%20Sonoma%20Red%20Metalic_zpsojlby

Yes, I've had the the Bakflip VP on my truck for 19 months. It is much like the G2, except it does have the vinyl cover attached to the top. I park in the garage as well...it has not cracked or faded, but I do keep it clean and conditioned with 303 Protectorant to keep it soft and plyable. The only issue I had was it was a little stiff in the winter when I folded if, but so was my Bakflip F1 on my older truck. Here is mine...

post-106333-0-83290600-1431636121_thumb.jpg

Edited by chuckl1218

I went to the local truck accessory shop today and had a good discussion with the owner. Apparently, Undercover is slowly buying the competition....Gator, Extang and Bak have all been bought out by Undercover.

Edited by ProPhoto

I went to the local truck accessory shop today and had a good discussion with the owner. Apparently, Undercover is slowly buying the competition....Gator, Extang and Bak have all been bought out by Undercover.

You're on the right track...

Every company you named, including UnderCover, is owned by a holding company called THI. You can find their web site at thicorp.com

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I put a tonno pro hard fold on my sierra this week in place of the undercover flex, I got sick of the flex leaking. I did prefer the look of the flex to some extent because of the low profile however, it wasn't worth the sacrifice of the leaks.

tonno%20pro_zpsobp9zl1m.jpg

Edited by Imcrazy

snuglid sl

the carpet looks like crap in these pics. looks much better in person. 12v hard wired light. remote release. loving it so far.

IMG_4991_zpssbwfmmpo.jpg

IMG_4988_zpsjlz28jyp.jpg

IMG_4990_zpsbvxoswds.jpg

IMG_5048_zpsaten72go.jpg

IMG_5058_zps47pzev9l.jpg

Edited by smrr1
  • Like 1

I'm still waiting to see the truxedo titanium... They said they have a few more new products coming out soon. If they keep taking forever, I'll get a deuce again.

This thing was announced TWO YEARS ago. They have installation videos and reviews, but no product? Given that THI owns both Bak and Truxedo (along with a bunch of others), the Titanium seems like it's nothing more than a re-branded Bak Roll-X. And believe me... I am SO done with Bak. Pretty leery of any of their other companies, too.

This thing was announced TWO YEARS ago. They have installation videos and reviews, but no product? Given that THI owns both Bak and Truxedo (along with a bunch of others), the Titanium seems like it's nothing more than a re-branded Bak Roll-X. And believe me... I am SO done with Bak. Pretty leery of any of their other companies, too.

I know... They told me it was still in development.

I don't agree that it's a re-branded BAK based on the video's it operates just like a low pro in the latching system an the velcro on the sides. I bet it will be pricey though.I love the idea of the revolver and titanium but, BAK has such a bad reputation.

Truxedo lo pro qt. I like it. Does what I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Judging solely by looks this looks identical to my Access Vanish. If they are actually the same, it'd be interesting for those looking to check the price on both before purchasing.

Okay guys, I'm striking out on tonneau's for my '14. I tried the undercover flex for about 18 months but, it was not water resistant enough for my liking. I have now had two tonno pro hard fold's both work OK but, they can't seem to get the hinges right and the cover won't lay flat so I've got a huge hump on the side of the cover and the wind noise from the vinyl flapping against the aluminum chassis kinda sucks too so I am thinking of returning both the original and the replacement that Tonno Pro sent me.

My priorities are;

#1 mostly water resistant, if it sits in a down pour for 10 hours I can tolerate a few drops but, not a few cups of water.

#1.5 Must be some kind of 'hard cover' for security.

#2 Bed access, I either need to be able to roll or fold up the cover to get most of the bed open, like a roll-x or bakflip kind of cover or the cover needs to be easily removed like a tonno pro hard fold or extang solid fold.

#3 I don't want to spend more than $7-800ish if I can help it.

Here is a pic of the hinge miss-alignment on the tonnopro:

tonno%20pro%20hinge_zpssn4w2iol.jpg