2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

No complaints about my Bak-flip VP so far. My biggest complaint is the amount of freezing rain we've gotten in the last ~month, which I'm sure doesn't do any favours for the vinyl cover, but thus far, it keeps the bed dry and works exactly as advertised ..... simple operation, and full access to the bed.

I have the GM tri-fold hard cover. It does not leak. It will not leak. I have driven through blizzards and downpours and just annihilated the truck w/ a pressure wand after getting the whole thing caked w/ salt on my way up to VT and not one drop of water makes its way inside the bed.

Althought not totally secure by any means, locking the tailgate w/ the tonneaue snapped in place and the hard panels makes it much more difficult to get access to the bed compared to others, also, adding a bed extender turned inside out will make a nice little "trunk space" as well...

I have the GM tri-fold hard cover on both of my trucks as well. No leaks thus far. I like the covers.

Anyone have any tips on a single piece body color tonneau? I'm liking the looks of the lazerlite but they haven't released the 2014 model quite yet. If you've used a certain brand, how much did you pay and do you like it? Any tips would be good. My summit white Denali SB should be arriving in the next couple weeks and I want a body color tonneau on her right away along with a spray in liner.

Undercover LUX is supposed to be nice.

Undercover LUX are nice covers and paint match is good. I have had them on my last 3 trucks including my new 2014 LTZ and they have

always held up well with no leaks and look great. Low profile, strong, and light weight easily removed.

I installed one about 6 weeks ago. No complaints and i think its one of the best ones available. :thumbs:

I'm not 100% sure, but i think the GM hard folding cover is the fold-a-cover g4.

Yes one of the covers GM offers is the Fold-A-Cover. Had the parts guy I know price me one but I think the factory direct price will be better. I'm also interested in the caddy that drops in the front. Anyone here have it it ?

Yes - Thanks! I'm going to see if my dealer has both tri-fold tonneaus and see if there is a difference between them.

I think there is a difference between them while I have never seen the GM one I have the fold a cover g4 elite which I got from the dealer. I had the bak flip on my other truck and I like this much better. I too have been in down pours and covered in snow in VT and have never had a problem. I only had one spot where it was wet inside once. It was about the size of a dime and the truck had been sitting in a downpour all day. Fold a cover makes two covers the g4 elite and a lower model which is basically the same minus a few options I think. Fold a cover has some good videos on YouTube and even have a video of the g4 on a 14 silverado.

Correction: The GM tonneau cover is a tri-fold. The fold-a-cover is a 4 panel cover. I saw a youtube video showing how the GM cover is installed and operates on a NNBS truck.

The rails are a part of the cover so as you fold the cover up, the rails go with it. It looks like a quick installation as the clamps are built in the rails. Looks pretty good. But I like the fold-a-cover for the front of the bed access. I think I am going to lean that way when I get ready to buy. But ChevyParts.com has the GM for $609 which is influencing me that way. That and bearman95's review. Decisions, decisions.... :dunno:

Fold-a-cover is really tempting. Going to call the local dealer tomorrow and get a price. I'm still leaning towards the undercover classic or SE because of the water resistance it gaurantees.

Yes one of the covers GM offers is the Fold-A-Cover. Had the parts guy I know price me one but I think the factory direct price will be better. I'm also interested in the caddy that drops in the front. Anyone here have it it ?

Dealer wanted over $1300 to install.........j just ordered direct for $795 (use promo code GMFS14FAC ).

Watched an install video and looks very easy.

Have you considered Retrax? I can't tell the pros and cons as I don't have one yet (still in the search for a tonneau). I just came across it here in the forum and it got me very interested. it looks to me like a secure cover, very easy to operate, leaks? Only Retrax owners can tell us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got the Chevy tri-fold hard cover. Initially wasn't impressed (my own expectations, previous AV owner) Been on the truck since September and I can honestly say, I love it. Does what it was designed to do, just wish the vinyl didn't flap in the wind.

Mike

I went with the Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite directly from Fold-A-Cover, not GM. GM wants $1160 (+tax) for this exact cover. I bought it direct from Fold-A-Cover online for $860 delivered. There was a no-shipping special before Christmas.

I can't really speak for how well it keeps out the rain yet, but I love the functionality of it. It's a quad fold, so more access to the bed (75%) without removing unit. And you can open both ends - great for accessing things that have slid all the way forward in the bed. And it locks on both ends, which completely secures everything in your bed.