2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I had my nephew help me put together the side rails and help me lift the Retrax MX Pro ( new matte black) regular rail width onto my Denali this morning. Everything went together very easily, after we put it in, you have to measure the inside width, front, middle and rear. If is wider or narrower, you adjust the width with plastic set screws , then clamp it down with the 4 included aluminim C-clamps. And pull the rails back to within 1/8" of the tailgate, they give you a little plastic shim 1/8" to use as a measuring guide. Easy...

The only problem was before we could put the whole Retrax box in, we had to take out the two front stock tie-downs. You unscrew them while pullin back, then grab the springed wing nut. One of them fell down into the inside wall, damn... Tomorrow, I'll try to get it out with a long flexible magnet thingie.

Not counting that, everything went together smooth.

It sure looks great! And slides back and forth nice.

d03d632edfbfbf9155169b5f9d59e6f8_zpsdukn

7ee53ddc0bf79bdb06db36ae372cf116_zpslcxo

• Like 2

I ordered an Access Original a couple weeks ago. Upon receipt it was damaged slightly, but the real down side was some time in the last couple years they have changed their vinyl. Instead of just the fine leather-look grain, they have added this "chicken scratch" pattern to it; a random pattern of semi-shiny lines. I thought it would grow on my, but I just don't think I could get used to it. First world problems. So, that was kind of a bummer that it pretty much eliminates Access as a brand for roll up soft covers now, which is unfortunate because I like their features the best overall.

I've started to narrow it down between:

• Truxedo Lo Pro QT - around $500, lifetime warranty, made in USA. Saw one locally and it looked good save for being a little loose (probably just not tightened down well).
  • Tonno Pro Lo Roll - around $275, 10 year warranty, made in China. Saw one yesterday and for the money it didn't look bad at all.

I'm leaning toward the Truxedo. Any others I should be considering in this price range? Don't want to go cheap on a cover for a new truck, but around $500 is my intended price cap.

My main requirements are:

• Good looks and quality construction - no arch from the bows showing through the top, etc.
  • Good tension
  • Decent water and dust protection for bed (will be adding seal kit as well)

I ordered an Access Original a couple weeks ago. Upon receipt it was damaged slightly, but the real down side was some time in the last couple years they have changed their vinyl. Instead of just the fine leather-look grain, they have added this "chicken scratch" pattern to it; a random pattern of semi-shiny lines. I thought it would grow on my, but I just don't think I could get used to it. First world problems. So, that was kind of a bummer that it pretty much eliminates Access as a brand for roll up soft covers now, which is unfortunate because I like their features the best overall.

• Truxedo Lo Pro QT - around $500, lifetime warranty, made in USA. Saw one locally and it looked good save for being a little loose (probably just not tightened down well).
  • Tonno Pro Lo Roll - around $275, 10 year warranty, made in China. Saw one yesterday and for the money it didn't look bad at all.

I'm leaning toward the Truxedo. Any others I should be considering in this price range? Don't want to go cheap on a cover for a new truck, but around $500 is my intended price cap.

• Good looks and quality construction - no arch from the bows showing through the top, etc.
  • Good tension

Extang Revolution.

I had my nephew help me put together the side rails and help me lift the Retrax MX Pro ( new matte black) regular rail width onto my Denali this morning. Everything went together very easily, after we put it in, you have to measure the inside width, front, middle and rear. If is wider or narrower, you adjust the width with plastic set screws , then clamp it down with the 4 included aluminim C-clamps. And pull the rails back to within 1/8" of the tailgate, they give you a little plastic shim 1/8" to use as a measuring guide. Easy...

The only problem was before we could put the whole Retrax box in, we had to take out the two front stock tie-downs. You unscrew them while pullin back, then grab the springed wing nut. One of them fell down into the inside wall, damn... Tomorrow, I'll try to get it out with a long flexible magnet thingie.

Not counting that, everything went together smooth.

It sure looks great! And slides back and forth nice.

d03d632edfbfbf9155169b5f9d59e6f8_zpsdukn

7ee53ddc0bf79bdb06db36ae372cf116_zpslcxo

that makes me want to trade mine in for a Blue one.... that looks nice.

I was really hesitant on going with an Undercover Flex based on the mixed reviews, but really liked it's features and found it for significantly cheaper than competing (and in my opinion inferior) products locally or online so I decided to give it a shot. I'm happy to report that aside from one minor problem that I was able to easily fix myself it's been so far, so good. Paid $775CDN on Amazon.ca after debating it for a few weeks and making sure their "2 left in stock" didn't disappear on me. I noticed that the price had raised to $883 the day after I ordered mine, not sure if that was coincidence or not and obviously due to our weakening dollar but either way I'm really happy with the cover and the price I paid for it. Would definitely recommend it to others based on my experience, and ordering it from Amazon if you're in Canada even at the new higher price - still the cheapest I could find anywhere.

• Good tension

Check with TruckAlterations.com for the Lo Pro QT, they quoted me a price of $370 with free shipping.

• Like 1

Check with TruckAlterations.com for the Lo Pro QT, they quoted me a price of $370 with free shipping.

Thanks for the heads up. Seems like folks have had some spotty customer service from them, but one of those deals that makes you want to gamble. $60 difference I'd buy local....$150 difference I might give them a call. I've got an appointment for Wednesday for my Lo Pro QT locally, if I can get these guys to answer the phone tomorrow I might reschedule that.

Edited by adaman04

Thanks for the heads up. Seems like folks have had some spotty customer service from them, but one of those deals that makes you want to gamble. $60 difference I'd buy local....$150 difference I might give them a call. I've got an appointment for Wednesday for my Lo Pro QT locally, if I can get these guys to answer the phone tomorrow I might reschedule that.

I've had a Lo-Pro QT on several tucks, each iteration has a little detail or two that makes it even better so you won't be disappointed. AutoAnything has great prices and offers the best price over the phone vs their website. Self-install is really easy. Enjoy.

Went with the Bak roll-x. Thanks 4 the help guys. Ive only have had it on since Thursday it has rained a lot and ive not seen any water yet. I thought the two back corners would leak bad dy the rear window. ... still gonna put something in there when i get time... 22ff23c6a60127fb5b260930b4f06233.jpg28c5eb044af475d01906d8b8b5c12029.jpg

• Like 1

Went with the Bak roll-x. Thanks 4 the help guys. Ive only have had it on since Thursday it has rained a lot and ive not seen any water yet. I thought the two back corners would leak bad dy the rear window. ... still gonna put something in there when i get time... 22ff23c6a60127fb5b260930b4f06233.jpg28c5eb044af475d01906d8b8b5c12029.jpg

I've been looking at that and the undercover flex. Is the roll-x sturdy? I have read plenty about them, just wondering what your initial thoughts are about it.

I'm putting way to much thought into a tonneau I feel. I'm mostly looking to keep my golf clubs good to go lol and won't be leaving them in there beyond riding to and from the course or maybe to work, nothing overnight. Last truck I had some cheapo tonneau pro I think it was called, and it worked fine. I may just find something similar and save some money for other things.

Thanks man

-Skeet

Edited by SkeeterMcSkeet

I've been looking at that and the undercover flex. Is the roll-x sturdy? I have read plenty about them, just wondering what your initial thoughts are about it.

I'm putting way to much thought into a tonneau I feel. I'm mostly looking to keep my golf clubs good to go lol and won't be leaving them in there beyond riding to and from the course or maybe to work, nothing overnight. Last truck I had some cheapo tonneau pro I think it was called, and it worked fine. I may just find something similar and save some money for other things.

Thanks man

-Skeet

I think it's fine...my sticks( golf clubs) and tools stay n the bed now.

I did think it would be a little stiffer. But i hopefully want have any1 try to get in it... gl

• Like 1

Lol I always call them sticks too, but didn't want people asking why I would wanna cover tree limbs up haha. I really like the roll up design so I can see out the back window still as well as the cover being a hard material. Looking for some deals as we speak.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1