2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I have seen that the Roll-n-lock is a great locking burglar proof cover... there is another similar one that's pretty much the same but i cant remember the name.. I think its Retrax Pro..

The RollNLock is the only cover that has a piece of hardware that is installed onto the tailgate. The cover locks into the tailgate hardware as well as both sides of the truck. No other cover on the market has the tailgate hardware piece. The brand new RollNLock A-Series will be out soon, it's an aluminum cover with no vinyl top laminate. The RollNLock M-Series is an aluminum cover with a vinyl top laminate.

Bought and installed a fold a cover g4 before going on a vacation in the rain. Did not leak except for around the tailgate because I didn't have a chance to install the tailgate seal which they provide. Locks on both the front of the cover and rear plus the tailgate means it's very secure. 4 aluminum panels and will open up 75% of the bed when attached. Can be removed if the whole bed is needed. Got 2 of my neighbors interested in getting one now after they saw it. Sits on top of the rails so no drainage rails in through the bed.

I've narrowed it down to the

BAK roll X

Low pro qt.

Which way should i go thanks.

While both of these covers are classified as "roll-up" they are very different. The Lo Pro QT is a soft roll up cover. The Bak Roll-X is a hard roll up cover. Youtube is a great source which has tons of reviews of both.

• Like 1

I was deciding between the same two covers myself and ended up with the Lo Pro pictured above.

For me it basically came down to price. The Roll X is basically double the price of the Lo Pro.

One thing I do like about the Lo Pro that I did not realize before having it is how easy it is to remove from the truck and put back in, very convenient.

Which ever one you pick they are both good covers.

• Like 1

I am planning to get a Roll-X as well, I also want a bed extender. I have a couple questions for anyone with both:

What brand/model Bed Extender?

Did you need any special brackets to make the extender work under the rails?

Amp says that space kits may be required with some Tonneau rails, and that a quick latch mounting bracket may be required as well, but doesnt say for what model tonneaus on either product.

Thanks

Thanks the youtube made it pretty easy to make a decision Now i just need to find a good place to order the roll-x from... thanks for the tips guys

I just ordered the Bak Roll-x from the factory outlet for $745 (5'8") and it has a $50 mail in rebate. You need to call or chat with them to get that price. The original price was higher until I mentioned other sites were lower.

I am planning to get a Roll-X as well, I also want a bed extender. I have a couple questions for anyone with both:

What brand/model Bed Extender?

Did you need any special brackets to make the extender work under the rails?

Amp says that space kits may be required with some Tonneau rails, and that a quick latch mounting bracket may be required as well, but doesnt say for what model tonneaus on either product.

Thanks

I have the roll x and the amp hd bed extender and it just clears! No additional parts or modifications needed.