2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Hey Guys - im looking at getting a soft roll up tonneau cover for my standard bed crew cab (i need access to the full bed quite a bit with my atv, ice fishing sled, etc..getting loaded in and out - that's why the soft roll up.. I have read about the truxedo lo-pro, truxport, access, and tonnopro..

I am leaning towards getting the truxport because it sits on top of the factory plastic bed rail caps because I am worried about my atv banging against the in bed design like the lo-pro... but then I dont get to use the tie down points on top of the bed rails..

people who have the lo pro or similar - how sturdy are the rails? or how many inches do you lose within the bed? Im worried loading my atv might hit them or when I load a sled it will bang into the rails.

I wish I can combine a couple covers to make a perfect one haha... any advice, comments or other tonneau cover suggestions would be appreciated!

Hey Guys - im looking at getting a soft roll up tonneau cover for my standard bed crew cab (i need access to the full bed quite a bit with my atv, ice fishing sled, etc..getting loaded in and out - that's why the soft roll up.. I have read about the truxedo lo-pro, truxport, access, and tonnopro..

I am leaning towards getting the truxport because it sits on top of the factory plastic bed rail caps because I am worried about my atv banging against the in bed design like the lo-pro... but then I dont get to use the tie down points on top of the bed rails..

people who have the lo pro or similar - how sturdy are the rails? or how many inches do you lose within the bed? Im worried loading my atv might hit them or when I load a sled it will bang into the rails.

I wish I can combine a couple covers to make a perfect one haha... any advice, comments or other tonneau cover suggestions would be appreciated!

Have you looked at the Bak Roll-X? It's not a soft cover, but I think it may suit you well.

Edited by Coppertone
  • Like 1

I had the lo pro qt and loved it lose a inch on each side, note it is solid I leaned stuff against it before, I wrestled with the tonnopro version, but its about 140 difference its alotta piece of mind, gonna order mine within a week, found it for 399 that's the best so far, to my door Edited by jamin87ss

How, I looked at their website and it shows $821 and the 10% code does not apply?

Hoped on chat with them this morning and was quoted that price. You can also call in.

I aslo bought my tonneau from tuckchamps.com. I got a G2 for $630. I went back and forth between truckchamps.com and autocustoms.com, having them price match until I got it down to $630. The original offer after calling truckchamps the first time was $690, every else was selling them for $799.

This is one of the best vehicle forums I've ever been on. You guys are awesome and full of info.

I'm doing my soft cover research now. My dad is on his 3rd Access Original soft cover. 3 different trucks, all have been great for him. That is the direction I am leaning, but I'm going to stop by a local cover shop on my way home today and get their thoughts as well and see what they carry.

ETA: Stopped by the shop, they install Truxedo. Their prices were lower than Amazon, installed. Still think I like the looks of the Access Original better than the Lo Pro QT from Truxedo. Nice cover though.

Edited by adaman04

• 2 weeks later...

Was just wondering what the options are for a lockable, non-fiberglass tonneau? For that manner, also the most burglar proof tonneau's as well.

Sorry if this has already been covered but this thread is just too long to read all the posts. Thank you in advance.

Was just wondering what the options are for a lockable, non-fiberglass tonneau? For that manner, also the most burglar proof tonneau's as well.

Sorry if this has already been covered but this thread is just too long to read all the posts. Thank you in advance.

I have seen that the Roll-n-lock is a great locking burglar proof cover... there is another similar one that's pretty much the same but i cant remember the name.. I think its Retrax Pro..

So I purchased the Truxedo Truxport cover and so far I am happy with it, i like the fact that it sits on top of the rails so i have more room in the bed for my ATV..

The only complaint is the cover is not that tight... i know that the truxport doesn't have an automatic or manual adjuster to tighten it - but does anyone know how to tighten it anyway? it just shakes too much while driving.

Thanks!