2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

It leaks at all 4 corners. It isn't a lot. I think if I spent some time tweaking the installation, I could make it better. It's not bad, but I wouldn't haul Gizmo in the bed after midnight if it was raining.

Gizmo...HA!

Two front corners: You probably have plastic rail caps and the leak is probably where the cap's edge is. The seal is probably not sealing the transition from the metal to the cap's edge. Depending on how severe the gap is, you can either go to an auto store and buy a piece of automotive weatherstrip and place it along the entire top metal of the bulkhead or you could just place a piece at the two transition spots.

Rear corners: It may not actually be the cover's problem. You may need a tailgate seal. Water may be entering the bed through the body/tailgate gap or water may be coming down and entering the bed via the stake pockets (which is more unlikely, but not impossible).

Undecided between the Bakflip G2 and the Undercover Flex. From what I've been reading, they both offer good water protection with minimal leaking. I also really like the way they sit, flush to the bed rails and I like the fold designs (I had an Avalanche and it was similar). Are there any other covers that sit that way? Around the same price range. I don't like the way that some stick out about 1/2 inch above the bed rails.

It'll ultimately become a price game on which one I'll go with, they're both around $800. Anybody have any input on these? Recent purchases with good deals?

I've had both covers, on my 09 was the backflip , it leaked a lot more than my current one on my 14 which is the undercover flex. The U.F was a lot easier to install and l like I said less leaks

Undecided between the Bakflip G2 and the Undercover Flex. From what I've been reading, they both offer good water protection with minimal leaking. I also really like the way they sit, flush to the bed rails and I like the fold designs (I had an Avalanche and it was similar). Are there any other covers that sit that way? Around the same price range. I don't like the way that some stick out about 1/2 inch above the bed rails.

It'll ultimately become a price game on which one I'll go with, they're both around $800. Anybody have any input on these? Recent purchases with good deals?

I chose the Flex because of the built in straps and buckles for driving with it partially open. It turns out that I use it partially open quite often. I can haul large items without blocking the rear window. I also like the fact it doesn't rub on the truck when fully open. It does leak at the corners a bit though.

I've had both covers, on my 09 was the backflip , it leaked a lot more than my current one on my 14 which is the undercover flex. The U.F was a lot easier to install and l like I said less leaks

I have a Undercover Flex on my 2015 and had a Bakflip HD on my old duramax. I bought both "used" less than a year old and it was honestly solely on price, just turned out that way.

After having both, I think I like the Undercover better. Seems to have a slightly better "fit and finish" compared to the Bakflip. The only "issue" I have with the Undercover Flex is the rod that locks the 2nd panel down doesn't seem to latch the drivers side of the rail even though the cover is centered perfectly on the bed. Almost seems like the rod is a little too short or something, any of you Flex guys have this issue?

My cover leaked a little on the edges, but I solved this problem by lowering the rails 1/8" below the box sides so it adds a little more force on the rubber seal.

I have a Undercover Flex on my 2015 and had a Bakflip HD on my old duramax. I bought both "used" less than a year old and it was honestly solely on price, just turned out that way.

After having both, I think I like the Undercover better. Seems to have a slightly better "fit and finish" compared to the Bakflip. The only "issue" I have with the Undercover Flex is the rod that locks the 2nd panel down doesn't seem to latch the drivers side of the rail even though the cover is centered perfectly on the bed. Almost seems like the rod is a little too short or something, any of you Flex guys have this issue?

My cover leaked a little on the edges, but I solved this problem by lowering the rails 1/8" below the box sides so it adds a little more force on the rubber seal.

No issue with the rod , as you said you bought it used so the previous owner made have beat it a little bit

No issue with the rod , as you said you bought it used so the previous owner made have beat it a little bit

Yeah I'm not sure, it was literally "like new"... less than 6 months old. Doesn't show any signs of wear or damage. Both rods are perfectly straight, just seem like the drivers side is too short to fully latch into the railing.

Where are you guys buying your covers from?

AutoAnything will price match anything you can find from another online retailer. They have a good reputation and stand behind their vendors. And, if you call them, you can almost always get a discount just by speaking to them. I use them whenever I can.

• Like 1

AutoAnything will price match anything you can find from another online retailer. They have a good reputation and stand behind their vendors. And, if you call them, you can almost always get a discount just by speaking to them. I use them whenever I can.

I bought directly from Bak, but I've heard nothing but good things about AutoAnything.

Just ordered a Fold a Cover G4 Elite from the factory store. I'm getting it because it has the least minuses against it. I like the security and the hard cover. and I don't have to worry about drainage lines and such being a top mount.

I don't like the fact it won't fold up all the way but being a 4 panel, the front is still easily reachable and it is removable in the event I need the whole bed. I'll have to carry a 7/16 wrench though if I need to remove it though.

I used a coupon code TDSFAC2015 on the factory store to get another $25 off. Free shipping, 2 year warranty and a tailgate seal sweetened the deal. I'll post up some of my thoughts when I get it.

Can anyone tell me if a cover from a NNBS will fit the new trucks? I've been told that they will fit and also that they won't fit. Was wondering if anyone can confirm either way. Thanks.

It depends on the cover some fit, some don't.

I'm looking at ordering an Undercover Flex. Anyone who's recently ordered one online, how low of a price were you able to get from sites such as truckchamp and autoanything?

I ordered mine from autoanything about 6 months ago. I THINK I got it for around $670 shipped. My memory isn't what it used to be. Call or use the online chat for best price with those types of places.

• Like 1