2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I goy the RetraxPro with the wide rails. Cost $1540 from TruckChamp.com. Love the way it looks and works well. Being made from aluminum, I feel better about security. Only had to do minor modification of the GM plastic bed rails Om my 2015 Denali. It cost more, but looks great, works great and secure. I've run it through car washes with all the brushes and just a few drips get in past the seal.

• Like 1

I need the capability to have access to the bed. I liked the roll-up style but didn't like the side rails.The vinyl Tri fold fit my needs best, I chose the TruXmart for their price and quality (Wanted a hard cover trifold, but cant' find an excuse for the wife that I need to spend even more money on a truck that cost more than my first house).

post-137728-0-04154800-1424023856_thumb.jpeg

post-137728-0-06349000-1424023865_thumb.jpeg

Edited by BIGBRD7
  • Like 1

I need the capability to have access to the bed. I liked the roll-up style but didn't like the side rails.The vinyl Tri fold fit my needs best, I chose the TruXmart for their price and quality (Wanted a hard cover trifold, but cant' find an excuse for the wife that I need to spend even more money on a truck that cost more than my first house).

Looks Nice...

first time I saw that brand...

did you get the model with rear cam locks, or the pull cord to release latches...?

don't see any online dealers...whats the price on those...?

Undecided between the Bakflip G2 and the Undercover Flex. From what I've been reading, they both offer good water protection with minimal leaking. I also really like the way they sit, flush to the bed rails and I like the fold designs (I had an Avalanche and it was similar). Are there any other covers that sit that way? Around the same price range. I don't like the way that some stick out about 1/2 inch above the bed rails.

It'll ultimately become a price game on which one I'll go with, they're both around $800. Anybody have any input on these? Recent purchases with good deals?

I just bought a bakflip g2. I love the appearance and functionality of it. Mine has let a little water in after going through a car wash, but nothing significant. I got mine from truckchamps.com for $630. I started at customautos.com and went back and forth between the two until it was down to $630. At that price it's well worth it!

Undecided between the Bakflip G2 and the Undercover Flex. From what I've been reading, they both offer good water protection with minimal leaking. I also really like the way they sit, flush to the bed rails and I like the fold designs (I had an Avalanche and it was similar). Are there any other covers that sit that way? Around the same price range. I don't like the way that some stick out about 1/2 inch above the bed rails.

It'll ultimately become a price game on which one I'll go with, they're both around $800. Anybody have any input on these? Recent purchases with good deals?

That's an easy decision for me. I'd take the Flex over the G2. The powdercoated alumium on the G2 won't look that good after a year in the sun. The Flex's FRP is a lot more UV stable. Also, I prefer the functionality of the Flex better than the G2 such as the Flex comes with straps, the G2 does not; the Flex does not lean against the cab, the G2 does; the Flex does not show the top of the bolts (near the bulkhead), the G2 does, etc.

That's an easy decision for me. I'd take the Flex over the G2. The powdercoated alumium on the G2 won't look that good after a year in the sun. The Flex's FRP is a lot more UV stable. Also, I prefer the functionality of the Flex better than the G2 such as the Flex comes with straps, the G2 does not; the Flex does not lean against the cab, the G2 does; the Flex does not show the top of the bolts (near the bulkhead), the G2 does, etc.

What do the straps do that come with the flex? My G2 actually doesn't quite lean against the cab, it's actually a little shy. Also it comes with rubber pads to protect the cab if it does eventually lean against it. The bolt heads blend right in with the cover, and at least for me, has zero impact on the overall look.

I don't have any experience with the flex, but that said, I don't think you can really go wrong with either. I do agree that FRP is a better material and also the flex offers a 3 year warranty as opposed to BakFlips 1 year warranty. The deciding factor for me was the price. I couldn't find the flex for the $630 that I paid for the G2.

When you fold up the panels and stack them horizontally, the Flex has integrated straps that hold the panels in place. The G2 has D-rings, but you have to use a bungy cord or something similar.

If your G2 does not lean against the cab even with the bulb seal, then something is wrong.

If you prefer a Bakflip, that's fine, but the Fibermax Bakflip is a better buy than the G2.

• Like 1

When you fold up the panels and stack them horizontally, the Flex has integrated straps that hold the panels in place. The G2 has D-rings, but you have to use a bungy cord or something similar.

If your G2 does not lean against the cab even with the bulb seal, then something is wrong.

If you prefer a Bakflip, that's fine, but the Fibermax Bakflip is a better buy than the G2.

My Bakflip HD leans on the light when it is all the way up. Does not touch the paint.

I chose the Flex because of the built in straps and buckles for driving with it partially open. It turns out that I use it partially open quite often. I can haul large items without blocking the rear window. I also like the fact it doesn't rub on the truck when fully open. It does leak at the corners a bit though.

I chose the Flex because of the built in straps and buckles for driving with it partially open. It turns out that I use it partially open quite often. I can haul large items without blocking the rear window. I also like the fact it doesn't rub on the truck when fully open. It does leak at the corners a bit though.

Just curious, which corners?