2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Came across a gently used Undercover Flex on the local classifieds. Never owned one before and the reviews online were kind of mixed but for the price I thought I'd give it a try.

I've owned a soft folding, roll n' lock, and Bakflip HD in the past so I have a few things to compare it to. Install was a breeze and everything lined up as it should.

The cover was already 6 months old and didn't show any signs of wear. The rubber seals along the side don't seem to sit as tight as the Bakflip but I can probably adjust the rails down a little to increase the pressure.

Pics:

20150128_154459_zpsmej8nimy.jpg

20150128_154428_zpsrzpxkor7.jpg

20150128_154403_zps7q9bux0v.jpg

So far I'm pleased but I haven't had the chance to see how waterproof it is, I'll report back after the car wash...

***EDIT***

Just came back from the car wash, no noticeable leaks even after being blasted by the pressure washer. Even though it looks like water could possibly protrude under the side seals, the cover itself is resting on another seal attached to the mounting bracket. Any water that could find its way in under gets channeled along the bracket and then out the drain tubes. The real test is heavy downpour on the highway, but seeing it's the middle of winter that test will probably wait a few months.

I hope it works out better for you mine has always leaked quite a bit.

I ordered my GMC 2500HD and checked the "Tri Fold" box on the order form and is 100% dry...even when I power wash the salt off the bed..dry!

Sierra Boy

I have the tri-fold as well and am completely happy with it.

I hope it works out better for you mine has always leaked quite a bit.

So far so good, it's been through a couple car washes now. I expect maybe a slight leak at the corners but I can live with that as long as the panels themselves are water tight.

installed a BAK Roll X. aluminum slats, with vinyl top. Rolls up easily and out of the way. no canister to

deal with. very low profile and water tight. Took 45 minutes max to install. very easy to align. with the locking

tailgate, very secure.

Roll-X - Hard Rolling Tonneau Cover Make GMC Model Sierra Bed Length *(rounded to nearest half foot)* 5.5 Year 2014 - 2015 (SKU: 36120) RollX-36120 1

BAK Factory Outlet

I've seen a few people mention that they have chosen the Extang "Hard" cover... I presume that's the Solid Fold. I just wanted to see if anyone has any pics of experience with their new hard product, the Encore? That's the model I've been eyeing for a little while now but I can't find a lot of info on it yet.

I have read the entire thread and ended up with this Pace Edwards "Switchblade" cover. So far no leaks or noise.............Secure when tailgate is locked. Easily removable, 10 minutes, if I would ever want full access of the bed.

Enjoying the truck, picked up on the 30th of December. :)

Sorry about the spots in the pic, scratched lens on the phone.......no scratches on the truck, yet.

Tonneau_Front_Closed.jpgTonneau_Rear_Closed.jpgTonneau_Rear_Open.jpg

• Like 1

Purchased a Truxport for $270 and installed it the other day in about 20 min. Went skiing this weekend, and parked right next to a silverado with the LO PRO. The LO PRO was nice looking flush, yet I wouldn't say $500 nice. Did notice some flutter on the highway, yet not enough to drive me nuts. Thought about adjusting the tension, but Truxedo says that will void the warranty. My wife was able to roll the cover back easily enough while unloading the truck at the ski lodge. Time will tell regarding durability and appearence over time. Now for some LineX and mudflaps.

Purchased a Truxport for $270 and installed it the other day in about 20 min. Went skiing this weekend, and parked right next to a silverado with the LO PRO. The LO PRO was nice looking flush, yet I wouldn't say $500 nice. Did notice some flutter on the highway, yet not enough to drive me nuts. Thought about adjusting the tension, but Truxedo says that will void the warranty. My wife was able to roll the cover back easily enough while unloading the truck at the ski lodge. Time will tell regarding durability and appearence over time. Now for some LineX and mudflaps.

Does the truxport operate the same? Velcro on edges, and tab to lock it?