2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

I am in the market for really any of these covers, but I was leaning towards a soft cover... I read this entire thread, but was hoping to find out a little more info...

Does anyone have any experience with the Extang Trifecta or the Truxedo Truxport?

I am mainly concerned with the fit and finish, how bad it flaps in the wind and maintaining good weather protection (rain).

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Shimmy Bang Bang

I've had Berlin Tilt-Up Covers on all my trucks since 2003...mainly because of the spring loaded rear rail, which lets you get the cover snapped in cold weather...

was going to go with the Extang Full Tilt, but after some reading and video watching, I decided on a tri-fold...initially was going with Advantage Torza, but decided on Extang Trifecta...

I ordered it Monday morning from 4wheelonline by phone, as they advertised to "call us for better price" and the Extang was marked $75 off...I didn't believe it was going to actually be off the selling price, but I gave it a shot...

sure enuff, he said no problem...the cover was $350...no tax...free shipping...

Direct shipped from Extang and was delivered by FedEx this morning(Wednesday)...

I'm in Ohio, so I wont get to put in on till Sunday...

• Like 1

I am in the market for really any of these covers, but I was leaning towards a soft cover... I read this entire thread, but was hoping to find out a little more info...

Does anyone have any experience with the Extang Trifecta or the Truxedo Truxport?

I am mainly concerned with the fit and finish, how bad it flaps in the wind and maintaining good weather protection (rain).

Thanks in advance!

I'm also in the market for a "cheaper" folding tonneau cover. Mainly looking at the Extang Trifecta, GM factory which is the same as an Advantage so I'm told, or something similar.

I like the look of the Canvas compared to the Vinyl but am concerned with any of the soft covers flapping in the wind.

Any insight or experience would be appreciated, Thanks!

I think TonnoPro is a really good cover for some good "bang for your buck". My dad-in-law has the trifold hard cover and it seems to be an excellent cover. I know they're going for $5-550. I believe the soft fold is right around $300 and would imagine the quality to be the same. My other dad-in-law has the Access Laredo (roll up, not a tri-fold) and it is also an excellent cover for right around $300. I'm not sure if they make a tri-fold, but if they do, I'm sure it's an excellent cover.

10ec16ea67640cc8a527e7b0122f2d0f.jpg38fbf9aab5b69ec50f3909766a0aa48f.jpg5a3e1407f35629014675096d515b9c3b.jpg

Undercover SE Lux. I really like it so far. Last truck had a Leer 700. This one is lighter and really easy to take off if needed. Install took 30 mins too. Has a built in led which helps when it's dark and you open it up to see in the bed. Only thing I miss from the Leer 700 is that it had a power lock option, this one doesn't

I got a truxport for mine. Love the way the rear bar wedges into place taking up any slack. Hard to beat for $300.

How much does the top rails cover the hand hole in the back corner? Is it still usable for pulling yourself up, or is it completely covered. Trying to decide if the extra $180 is enough of a difference to get the lo-pro vs the truxport.

Thanks

10ec16ea67640cc8a527e7b0122f2d0f.jpg38fbf9aab5b69ec50f3909766a0aa48f.jpg5a3e1407f35629014675096d515b9c3b.jpg

Undercover SE Lux. I really like it so far. Last truck had a Leer 700. This one is lighter and really easy to take off if needed. Install took 30 mins too. Has a built in led which helps when it's dark and you open it up to see in the bed. Only thing I miss from the Leer 700 is that it had a power lock option, this one doesn't

One of the nicest looking covers out there IMO. I would get if I wanted a solid cover, I use my tri fold too much though to give up the spur of the moment versatility.

Came across a gently used Undercover Flex on the local classifieds. Never owned one before and the reviews online were kind of mixed but for the price I thought I'd give it a try.

I've owned a soft folding, roll n' lock, and Bakflip HD in the past so I have a few things to compare it to. Install was a breeze and everything lined up as it should.

The cover was already 6 months old and didn't show any signs of wear. The rubber seals along the side don't seem to sit as tight as the Bakflip but I can probably adjust the rails down a little to increase the pressure.

Pics:

20150128_154459_zpsmej8nimy.jpg

20150128_154428_zpsrzpxkor7.jpg

20150128_154403_zps7q9bux0v.jpg

So far I'm pleased but I haven't had the chance to see how waterproof it is, I'll report back after the car wash...

***EDIT***

Just came back from the car wash, no noticeable leaks even after being blasted by the pressure washer. Even though it looks like water could possibly protrude under the side seals, the cover itself is resting on another seal attached to the mounting bracket. Any water that could find its way in under gets channeled along the bracket and then out the drain tubes. The real test is heavy downpour on the highway, but seeing it's the middle of winter that test will probably wait a few months.

Edited by hutch08

I've had Berlin Tilt-Up Covers on all my trucks since 2003...mainly because of the spring loaded rear rail, which lets you get the cover snapped in cold weather...

was going to go with the Extang Full Tilt, but after some reading and video watching, I decided on a tri-fold...initially was going with Advantage Torza, but decided on Extang Trifecta...

I ordered it Monday morning from 4wheelonline by phone, as they advertised to "call us for better price" and the Extang was marked $75 off...I didn't believe it was going to actually be off the selling price, but I gave it a shot...

sure enuff, he said no problem...the cover was $350...no tax...free shipping...

Direct shipped from Extang and was delivered by FedEx this morning(Wednesday)...

I'm in Ohio, so I wont get to put in on till Sunday...

Any chance you got this installed during the past weekend? I am anxious to see the results and read your comments! :)

Any chance you got this installed during the past weekend? I am anxious to see the results and read your comments! :)

no, I worked & didn't go home...only working satrday, this week, so i'll get it on and pics Sunday...