2014+ Truck Bed / Tonneau Covers

Anyone know of a unit like the Extang Encore that doesn't require drain tubes? I like the idea of being able to get to items at the front of the bed and quick removal when needed. One *must have* item is the ability to open/close the tailgate with the cover in the down position (like you can with the Extang Solid Fold). I just want to throw things in and slam it shut without having to first open the cover, then close the tailgate and finally the cover.

I'm thinking I may go with the tried and true Solid Fold unless someone has a recommendation for the above.

Fold a cover G4 elite.
  • Like 1

BakFlip G2, BedRug, Undercover SwingCase. Also added DeeZee cargo hooks to the middle bed location as the BedRug and SwingCase combination makes the lower hook at the back of the bed difficult to use.

post-131584-0-30665100-1421286379_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Update, I bought my cover through undercoverdirect.com, they refused to refund the product or have any involvement in the situation they suggested I pursue things directly with Undercover. The manufacturer said since the cover can be fixed its not defective just needs to be fixed. Maybe I'm too picky but, I feel like if I pay $665 for a cover I shouldn't have to take super glue to it three weeks after I install it. Essentially this vendor refused to authorize my return, in fact they said they would only pass the info onto the manufacturer. I told the seller that I would be sharing my negative experience with as many sites as possible if they didn't take care of me and they suggested that I would be breaking the law via 'defamation of charachater' and they could take me to court. I will be making a thread and sharing my communications with undercoverdirect.com once I get the final word from VISA that my credit is finalized.

I think that as long as you just speak about YOUR incident, it is not defamation or false information. People can read from your experience and make their own conclusions. "To win damages in a libel case, the plaintiff must first show that the statements were "statements of fact or mixed statements of opinion and fact" and second that these statements were false."

Since I am looking for a cover, I appreciate your feedback.

• Like 1

Just ordered a BakFlip G2. I went back and forth between TruckChamps and AutoCustoms, until I got the lowest price. Got a sweet deal I think, now I hope I like the function of it as much as I like the look!

Edited by Gbo622
  • Like 2

Just bought a 2014 Sierra, and this is my first post on this site.

I've scanned many pages of this thread, and it looks like every possible tonneau cover has been loved and hated.

Sooooo.... I'll clarify what I'm looking for, and maybe it will simplify my search.

The reason I bought my truck was so I can load up my son's and my dirtbikes.

I'd like a tonneau cover that is easy to open, YET allow both bike's front tires to be brought right up to the back of the bed.

I use condor stands and tie downs on the footpegs, which relieves the need to compress forks; blown a fork seal anyone??

My impression is that the segmented covers will not fold completely out of the way, so I'm looking for a rollup cover or a folding cover with more than just a couple of segments.

My last truck had a rollup cover that had snaps.

The snaps eventually tore, so are there any velcro or some better arrangement?

I did not like having the clamps to secure the side rails.

I'm not looking into busting the bank, but in my opinion I know the difference of a decent quality item and harbor freight price point piece.

My diffiulty is that there isn't a good place where I can actually see the items vs. online sales photos.

Went to the Auto show the other day, and there were no accessories to be seen; except for a bike rack in a colorado.

By spring time, I want to put LineX bedliner and a tonneau cover.

Thank you all for your replies.

I've scanned many pages of this thread, and it looks like every possible tonneau cover has been loved and hated.

Sooooo.... I'll clarify what I'm looking for, and maybe it will simplify my search.

I'd like a tonneau cover that is easy to open, YET allow both bike's front tires to be brought right up to the back of the bed.

I use condor stands and tie downs on the footpegs, which relieves the need to compress forks; blown a fork seal anyone??

My impression is that the segmented covers will not fold completely out of the way, so I'm looking for a rollup cover or a folding cover with more than just a couple of segments.

I'm not looking into busting the bank, but in my opinion I know the difference of a decent quality item and harbor freight price point piece.

My diffiulty is that there isn't a good place where I can actually see the items vs. online sales photos.

Went to the Auto show the other day, and there were no accessories to be seen; except for a bike rack in a colorado.

Welcome aboard, the truxedo lo pro gt is awesome, 6 years no issues, used all year, it rolls up and the crossmemeber rolls up to, Velcro held up great and made winter use a breeze,

I only asked about the truxport because its cheaper, if its the same operation, I will buy it, if not I will pony up for the GT, my previous truck had bed rails so I have to have a in rail system, don't think I'm gonna go with the bed rails on this truck

I was hesitant with velcro and snaps as well. I went with the bestop zip rail tonneau. It has a flap that folds into the rail like old jeep bikini tops. Seals great and was only 179 after 50 dollar rebate. I have pics somewhere in here I'll dig up. Great alternative and the price is great.

I was hesitant with velcro and snaps as well. I went with the bestop zip rail tonneau. It has a flap that folds into the rail like old jeep bikini tops. Seals great and was only 179 after 50 dollar rebate. I have pics somewhere in here I'll dig up. Great alternative and the price is great.

Been wondering about this local guy sells them for 179, seems like a whale of a price, but haven't seen or touched one yet, nice to hear a hands on experience, hmmm

Been wondering about this local guy sells them for 179, seems like a whale of a price, but haven't seen or touched one yet, nice to hear a hands on experience, hmmm

I actually got mine for 179 before rebate as a damaged box on ebay. 129 after rebate. was in perfect shape. Does cover the stake hole pockets though. But no complaints otherwise.

I bought the Bakflip G2, Haven't received it yet so I cant tell you neither here nor there as far as water resistant, but it does fold all the way up and out of the way giving full access to the bed. I paid $630 shipped to my door.

I almost went with the Access Laredo (decide I wanted a hard top), as my cousin who works at a Vehicle Accessory store highly recommended it. My Dad-In-Law has it, and it looks very nice, rolls up quickly, and keeps the water out. They are right around $300.